Ch 4: The Real You

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this!

Lots of Brayden and Danny in this chapter(:

Jayce on the right! ------->

_________________________________________________________________

"Time to wake up, kiddo!" I heard my dad whisper and I wanted to kill someone.

"What time is it?" I groaned and he chuckled.

"Six thirty am, Danz!" 

You've got to be kidding me.

"You'd think they would have senior year start a little later so I can freaking sleep." I said, flipping over on my back and sighing.

"You need to leave in thirty minutes, so get up!"

I felt hung over or something as I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash my face and try to get ready for my first day of senior year. I had all of Sunday to recuperate from Saturday and I still felt emotionally drained. Jayce still hasn't talked to me, even though I sent him a text yesterday, asking him if we could talk about Saturday. It just didn't make sense, he's never been like that, he's never even not texted me for a whole day. I understand him being hurt, but that didn't mean he needed to lash out at me like that. 

I also felt very, odd, like I felt empty. Not just empty because I felt so drained over all this stress, but I felt like some part of me was missing. I had started feeling like that a little bit after Brayden left on Saturday. We hadn't seen each other yesterday, he had mind linked me and told me how his family had this whole day planned for him. Well, his dad and my mom, I guess, but whatever. I thought it was sweet though. He hated it, but I know somewhere deep down he must have appreciated it at least a little.

However, it did increase my anxiety a lot not having him around. It still feels very weird that I want him around, but my wolf wants what she wants. 

Let's just say everything is a big ball of mess and I'm about to walk walk right into the storm. Ah, how I've missed high school.

I walked down stairs and started inhaling the food on my plate after I got dressed and threw my hair up.

"Excited?" My dad asked over the paper

"Oh, yeah." I said, sarcasm very clear in my voice.

"Last first day! Make it memorable."

I think that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

"Let's hope not." I mumbled, before getting up, putting my plate in the sink, and grabbing my backpack out of the hallway closet that I hadn't touched in three months.

Then I headed for the front door, calling a good bye to my dad, and sat on the front stoop to wait for my ride. 

Ever since I can remember, me, Trey, Fallyn, and Jayce have car pooled to school and it always made mornings so much easier to spend them with your three best friends. I could picture the scene in my head. Whenever I got in the car Jayce would say something like, "Wow, that's what you chose to wear today?" and I'd stick out my tongue. Trey would be making himself a bacon and cream cheese bagel, with precisely three pieces of bacon on each half, and Fallyn would be putting on makeup in the mirror. It felt sort of odd, to think that'd we'd finally be able to do that again, afterall, we've had quite the break from it, two whole years, and I actually really missed it.

I kept checking my phone every few minutes before I finally decided to mind link Fallyn. They were ten minutes late, and if they didn't get here soon, we'd be late for school.