X-men fan fiction

My first story after a long time. Feel happy to point out mistakes and i'll be sure to make sure of it in the next chapter. Now, i know there's loads of grammer errors but please bear with me! i have no clue what to name the book :(  so i just went with "X-men fan fiction" :P

Vicki P.O.V.

I was still in my room even though I was supposed to be downstairs in the dining room with everyone else for breakfast. For some reason, I didn't want to eat today. I wasn't hungry, though I hadn’t eaten anything from the night before. I’ve been losing my appetite; I hadn’t eaten or even drank since yesterday evening. Though I feel nothing. Not even tired which I usually feel after completing my chores. Since I was one of the oldest of the girls living here, I have a lot of chores that I have to do. I was 15 and the other girls close to my age were only Melissa and Anna. Melissa was a year older than me and Anna was going to turn 18 in the next month. And to put it roughly, the other remaining girls were close to 9 and 10 years old. So young and without any family out there, the orphanage was the only place for them just like me.

I lost my parents in a car crash. Car accidents are really common especially in a country like the US where every single person of the population has a car. It was a hit and run. We were supposed to go to Las Vegas for my holidays and spend a few weeks there. My mom was driving and I was sleeping in the back seat with my head on my dad’s lap. Daddy’s little princess, that’s what I was. We were supposed to reach after about an hour and I was pretty excited about our time there. Everything was perfect. There was only one problem to it. The problem? We never reached LA.

We were around the outskirts of the town, I believe. I was still asleep, well only half awake. I had no idea what was going on. In a matter of seconds, I was outside of the car. There was a huge explosion and I blacked out. When I woke up, I was at a hospital. It was quite predictable, if I do say so myself. The police carried out the interrogation; in the end they declared it was a hit and run when it certainly wasn't. My parents’ body was never found and the state of the car was nowhere fixable. It was nearly burnt down to the tires, which didn't seem at all like a case of hit and run. I was in shock for a long time when I realized that my parents would never come back. I had lost everything that I’d ever cared about. When no relatives came to claim me, I moved into the orphanage where I’ve been living for the past six years.

I was back at our old house; everything was exactly where I remembered it to be. The walls held our family pictures. The three of us were always smiling. Looking at the pictures, I noticed one picture of my parents. It was taken during their wedding; both of them were smiling.

 They were happy, any one who’d look at the picture could tell. Mom looked really pretty, her blonde hair was shining brightly, both of their eyes gleaming with happiness. Mom was smiling at the camera but dad was looking at mom. It wouldn't take a genius to know that dad loved mom, very much.

I took the picture and was still memorizing their faces as much as I could. I didn't have a picture of them so; I stood there trying to take in every curve of their face, and the way they smiled.  The door slamming was what brought me to reality.

The sound echoed throughout the house. I walk towards the living room with the picture frame still in my hand. As I reach the hallway, I see my mom running upwards to the master bedroom. I walk to the door. I see my dad standing, facing a man I’d never seen before. My dad looked like he was trying to calm the other person.

“Don't let them get to you, Logan. It’s their way of getting to you”, my dad was trying to reason with him.