9

"Um do you need some help?" Harry asks as he and Zayn walk to the garage where Harry's car was parked. Zayn shook his head as he tightly gripped his small duffel bag filled with his clothes and continued taking small, painful steps. The two walked in silence together as Louis had already left to go prepare the guest bedroom as well as talk to the other two boys. "Alright here we are." Harry smiled stopping in front of his car and unlocking it. Zayn quickly put his things in the back before climbing into the passenger seat and giving a small sigh as his stitched up back hit the back of the seat. "Here." Harry mutters, as he pulls a pillow from the backseat and situates it between Zayn and the chair.

"Thank you." Zayn mumbles, relaxing into the seat. Harry gives him a small smile before he is starting up the car and baking out.

The ride was silent and awkward for the both of them. Harry kept his eyes trained on the road while Zayn stared out of the window in awe. He never really got out of the city much when he lived with his mum, so he never saw anything new. Everything was new and amazing in his eyes.

After about another 20 minutes of driving they were pulling up to a rather large piece of land and Harry was pressing a button to open a gate. Zayn tried to remain as unimpressed as possible, but the house was gorgeous.

"Alright home sweet home. You haven't seen our new house yet right?" Harry asks as he turns off the car and gets out.

"Never got an invite to." Zayn mutters under his breath before looking up at his dad and shaking his head.

"Well let's go on in." Harry says, getting out. Zayn follows and goes to grab his bag only to find Harry already had it and was halfway to the front door. Zayn quickly caught up to him as Harry opened the door while shooting a small smirk to the boy.

"Papa!" two boys shout before running down the stairs to greet their father.

"Hey boys, I missed you." Harry smiles as he hugs his two sons, who were eyeing their somewhat familiar stepbrother. "You boys remember Zayn right?"

"Yeah." Niall mutters still looking at the boy who was now looking down at his feet.

"Um boys why don't you go finish up your homework in the kitchen and lets us help Zayn get settled in." Louis says, literally feeling the awkwardness as he walked into the foyer. Liam and Niall ran off even though they didn't have any homework, but got the hint.

"How about we show Zayn his room and whatnot." Louis says and Harry nods making his way up the stairs with Zayn following behind.

"Um so this is Niall's room, this is Liam's, and here's yours." Harry says walking up to the third door and opening it. Zayn walked in and was impressed, the room was big and wide. There wasn't much in there, but it was more than enough for Zayn as he was used to sleeping on a futon.

"I put up some posters and photos in here and tried to make it look less like a guest bedroom and more like a real bedroom. We can redecorate it later to make it more you. For now, feel free to take down any photos and put up your own pictures and whatnot. The bathroom and closet are behind this door. And um I think that's it. Someone said your stuff from your old house should be brought here soon after the police have checked everything out." Louis says and Zayn nods.

"Alright well we will let you get settled in. Just holler if you need anything." Harry says setting Zayn's bag down and following Louis out. Zayn sighed and picked up his bag and threw it on the bed. He sat down next to it and looked around the room with a sigh. He went from 0 to 100 real quick.