Falling

(If you don't think the picture in the media is the cutest thing ever...you're lying to yourself.)

It could have been when Zac returned from a summer spent on the Warped Tour of 2005 — which Taylor did not have the luck of joining the band for — with a hickey or two on his neck. Taylor didn't understand why, but the sight of it, followed by the bragging about it that Zac loved to do, bothered him. He weirdly envied this random blonde girl who came up to Zac while he was watching My Chemical Romance perform, said she'd watched him perform in his band, and gave him a few small hickeys in the women's restroom. (Yes, the women's restroom).

It could have been Zac's goofy grin that Taylor couldn't get enough of, which was especially present when the members of the band asked Taylor to become an official member of the group.

It may have been when the Farro brothers told the others that they were no longer happy in the band. How being in the band was weighing them down. It was told via text message, which was sent only to Hayley. The message that she woke up to see was sent by Josh. She instantly shared it with Jeremy and Taylor. As soon as Taylor found out, he was numb. He didn't know how to feel. How was he supposed to react? He felt broken. He felt like he was just broken up with by the love of his life. But, somehow, it felt even worse. Because the two guys had been best friends for years. He felt everything. But at the same time, he felt nothing.

Or maybe it was when the three remaining members spoke to an interviewer about the blog post that was dominantly written by Josh, though signed as from both of the brothers. When Taylor was forced to talk about losing his best friend. Act as if he was unaffected by the loss of someone so dear to him. It was when Hayley told the interviewer that no one would ever replace Zac in her heart, that Zac was one of her favorite people and favorite drummers, that was when Taylor's heart absolutely shattered.

Or it could have been when Zac reached out to Taylor after much too long of not speaking. When he'd told him he wanted to talk— no, scratch that, he needed to talk. It was dire, more important than anything. Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but it was important. That was when they finally figured it out. Their friendship. Resolved the issues between them. Both realized that keeping this distance and remaining immature when it came to one another was the biggest problem of all. That the past was in the past and the problems were no longer such.

Or it may have been when Zac reached out to Taylor, asking him if he wanted to come to New Zealand for a few weeks in the January of 2015. Or, even better, when Taylor came off the plane to see the drummer standing with a cardboard sign, YORK written in his sloppy handwriting that he'd always been teased about. Oddly enough, it was one of the many things that Taylor loved about him. The way he appeared lost as he looked around in confusion. There was a small frown on his face, red beanie pulled over his dark locks. His frown transformed into the brightest of smiles the second he saw the guitarist. It was just like the smile he had worn when Taylor was invited into the band. He rushed towards his former bandmate, and without any hesitation, wrapped his arms tightly around him.

Or maybe it was later on. He didn't know what or when it was. Nobody did. But then again, it was not like many people knew about his secret. Too many events had occurred in the years the two had known each other to keep track. But regardless of when he did, or how he did, Taylor had fallen for Zac.