Chapter 18 - She's On The Hunt

Start from the beginning

“Make us,” Peter snarled at Saxon from behind Troy, limping up to the plate on his other side away from me, but Troy shot one hand out and caught Peter’s chest, making him stand still. Which I was smirking on the inside about as I made a small gesture with my hand in Peter’s direction; a whipping motion and he did not find it amusing.

I did though and that’s all that counts.

Saxon glanced at him for a moment, his face twisting up with rage and disgust at the guy trying to challenge him, “I don’t take threats lightly, so run before I rip you all to shreds.” The growl he used rumbled around the entire room and shook the very foundations, making a lot of us in here cringe, including me.

This didn’t stop me though, if Saxon thought he could boss me around, he was sourly mistaken.

“You better not be here when I come back tomorrow,” I warned and turned on my heel to storm out, I couldn’t handle being in the same room with him for much longer. My wolf was going crazy for him and it was doing my head, plus I knew it would only be a matter of time before she got her own way and won.

A large hand grabbed my wrist, shooting that familiar warm and tingly feeling up my arm and making my inner wolf howl with pleasure, “Get your filthy paw off of me,” I hissed furiously as I attempted to yank my arm free, but let’s face it – Saxon is stronger than me, always have been and always will be and that’s not including my weakened state.

“We need to talk,” he huffed back as I kept pulling with every last fibre of strength I had left in me, he wasn’t as weak as what I was, but he has been wearing down with my absence; serves the bugger right.

“I don’t want to,” I spat back as I felt what was left of my little bit of strength running out on me.

“Stop being childish Eva, you can’t run from me and you know it,” he growled, tugging me hard and sending my body tumbling into his chest as his hand let go of my wrist so he could wrap me up tight against him. My initial reaction was to wrap my arms around him and never let go – that was my stupid inner wolf trying to run the show, but I showed her who the real boss is around here by jumping back from Saxon like he was poison.

And let me tell you, it wasn’t as easy as it seems, it took all my inner human willpower to make it possible – my wolf was a lot stronger than me, but I wasn’t that weak that I would let her have her own way.

Turning my back on him one last time with a final warning glare to just leave me the heck alone, I walked away. In the background I heard Troy mutter one last final threat before he too walked out with his two tag alongs.

I was actually surprised Saxon didn’t chase me down like he usually would have – maybe he knows he can’t fix what he has done and is actually going to give up without a fight?

“Little she-wolf, wait up,” Troy called out as he jogged up the hallway to catch up with me.

I growled at him instantly, not forgetting about his little threat before Saxon had stormed in, “Go away before I let him kill you.”

Troy smirked, “By the looks of it, I don’t think you would ask him.”

Rolling my eyes, he had a point, but I wasn’t admitting that, “I would if it meant getting rid of you though.”

Walking up to the double front doors and slamming against the, like I always do when I want to get out of here; you could say I was shocked when my body went flying backwards and onto the ground from the force. Groaning as I sat up and glared at the doors that had not even budged an inch, I cursed them silently under my breath.