My eyes widen in shock there's a boy on another cot connected to wires just like me, wearing only white boxers. I feel my cheeks flame scarlet as I notice this particular fact. His fingers twitch and his chest jerks upward as if he was just waking from a horrid nightmare. Then his head flips to the side and his eyes spring open to meet mine. They are a bright green, a green so startling it renders me breathless. His eyes are wide in fear and I know mine are a mirror image of his, only difference being mine are blue.

I hear the click of the door and I quickly whip my head back straight, hoping he does the same. I close my eyes and wait, for what I don't know. I hear the door click closed and footsteps approach my cot. My lips part and my breaths become quick. Fingers brush my cheek and my eyes fly open, unable to resist my mind wailing in fear. A girl with blue skin, white freckles, white, long, straight hair and grey eyes stands over me. She seems startled by the fact that I am looking at her. She watches me as she removes the mask from my nose and mouth slowly. I take a breath and exhale just as slowly. She seems to relax after that.

The girl pulls out a little white box. Of course it's white. They probably don't have any other colors here, where ever here is. She hits a few buttons and the box beeps. Then she starts tightening the straps holding me on the cot. I whimper and try to shift my position. It's then that I see her outfit. Lucky chick, she's got actual clothes. She's wearing a light gray tank top with a pair of camouflage, cargo pants and black combat boots. What is this a military base in Area 51?

"Sorry," she mutters quickly. I cross my eyes at her in confusion. Then there is a wave of intense pain that knocks the breath out of me. For about three point five seconds no air enters or leaves my lungs and then... I scream. I scream like I'm dying, or like I'm terrified of the lion at the zoo that got out of its cage. Then there is the silence when the tears start flowing freely down my face. Something soft is pressed to the area where the tube was and taped against my skin.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I had to remove the tube," says the blue skinned girl in a rush. She then averts her eyes to the ground and steps closer to me. I try to scoot away but the straps keep me still. She removes another tube and my reaction is much like the first. I hear movement on the other cot and I tense up. The boy, I forgot about him, he has to go through this too. The girl removes a couple wires and then walks away to the boys cot, leaving me with with the straps tight and salty cheeks. The boy cries out the first time but when the second tube removed he silences himself so I only hear a grunt. I don't know if he did that for my sake or to save his dignity. After a few more minutes the blue skinned girl leaves and the door clicks closed. The boy doesn't turn to face me, he stays staring at the ceiling. I can see the glistening trail of a tear leaking from his eye though.

"Do you know why?" I croak. Not bothering to finish my question because I know he understands and my throat burns.

"No," he responds in a scratchy voice still not looking at me, but I can detect some sort of accent.

"Where are we, do you think?" I try, forcing my mind to ignore the burning in my throat. He laughs dryly.

"Did you see the girl?" he asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"She had blue skin. I don't think she is human," he says. Then he swallows harshly probably feeling the same burning in his throat. Then I hear a humming sound from the walls. I hold my breath waiting for something awful to happen, but nothing does. I sigh in relief and breath in. The air smells different. More like a forest and less like a hospital.