Mary Joe’s POV

Oh goodness I can’t believe a whole month has gone by. My babies have grown more. They are now the size of a normal newborn. “I think mom will have to stop breast feeding soon mister. You are like a bottomless pit. You almost never leave anything for your sister.” I tell my little man.

He just looks at me as he eats. God I never thought you could feel so much love for your children. I love them both so much. It has made me really appreciate my father and the memory of my mom.

Tonight we are having a special dinner dad is going to finally introduce us to the woman in his life. When Luke told me I was so shocked at first. But then so happy. My dad needs some one in his life.

We have spent so much time with the finishing touches for Leah and Chance’s wedding. It’s only a week away. I am so happy for her. We had a little dress made for Maribel and we found a little suite for baby Luke.

They are going to look so cute. I can’t wait. I lost some of the baby fat so I get to wear a very pretty dress. I talked her out of making us wear these hideous Southern bell dresses. You know the one with the big hoop skirt.

As if I’d ever be caught dead wearing something like that. Would you? So we convinced her that we should wear something tasteful in a Lavender color. That’s the color of her she picked.

I’m sure you’re wondering what I meant by we. Well Judy and Lucy are also in the wedding party. We are so excited for them to come. I guess there’s been a lot of commotion at the Codey Ranch. But that is so totally another story.

I finish feeding baby like and then start to feed Maribel. “ah who’s mommy’s little angel?” I cooed to her as she looked at me and pulled at my hair hanging over my shoulder. I love talking to them as I feed them. It’s such a bonding moment for us. “Yes that little chubby brother of yours always wants to drink all your milk doesn’t he.”

After I finish feeding her I place her on my chest and gently run her back until I hear that little baby burp. All they do for now is just eat sleep and pop. I smile at the way I complain to Luke about the midnight feedings. But I love that alone time with my babies.

I hear the little burp and giggle. “Oh missy that is so not lady like.” I then make sure the babies are asleep and head down to the kitchen to start dinner. I’m making a pork tenderloin with scalloped potatoes and carrots in a glaze sauce.. Mmmmmm I’m getting hungry just from the smell.

I also made a Pecan pie for desert. What can I say I’m a regular homemaker now. I love being a wife and a mother. Dad said I was always a nurturing soul. I hear a nock at the door and I go answer it.

“Well how is the most gorgeous mother in the world?” I giggle as Luke leans in and kisses my neck.

“Why did you knock?” I ask him.

“I didn’t have a free hand.” He says and it’s then that I notice he has a big flower arrangement in his hands.

“What are those for?” I ask and he smirks. “For you silly, I was going to bring you a small dozen Rose Bouquet. But then I thought hmmm no my baby would rather have an arrangement for her table so she can display it tonight.” I jump into his arms and kiss him.

“You know me so well husband.” I smile up at him.

“Yes I do my wife” he says as he smacks my rump.

Then Leah and Chance show up and Leah goes up stairs with me to help me get dressed while we leave the guys down stairs each one holding a baby.

“Oh my God Mary Joe! What do you think this woman is going to look like?” Leah asked me.

“Oh I have no idea, Nor do I want to think of dad with another woman” I tell her as I shiver from the thought. That makes Leah giggle.

“Yeah I don’t want to picture dad doing the nasty either.” She tells me.

“Speaking of doing the nasty, Is chance still holding out on you?” She glares at me.

“Yes he says he will not do anything because I wanted to wait till we got married. But sometimes when we are in our hot make out moments.” She blushes beet red.

“Mary Joe I’ve begged him to make love to me.” I start to laugh and she glares at me then pouts.

“He says I’ll regret it when we do it and he will never do anything to hurt me.” She sighs.

“I suppose I should be happy he’s an honorable man. But in that moment I’m in so much heat I don’t care.” He tries not to be alone with me to much. But we have one more week. Well 6 days, 13 hours,” She looks at her watch.

“37 minutes and 42 seconds, 39,38,” I throw the pillow at her and literally bend over laughing.

“You are so wicked Leah” she smiles.

“I love you Mary Joe. You don’t know how much I love to see you so happy. You have always taken care of me and dad.”

My eyes mist and I go and hug my sister.

“Enough come on and help me with the last minute things in the kitchen.” I tell her.

We head down stairs just as the door bell rings. I turn to Leah and she holds my hand and squeezes lightly. “Ready to go meet our future mom” I tell her making her laugh.

Then we open the door and greet dad’s new woman with a smile.

She turns out to be a lovely lady one year younger than dad. He’s only 48 years young he likes to say. She makes him happy, he gets a glow in his eyes when he looks at her.

I know mom would be happy for him. “So Karen would you like to join us in the kitchen. I’m going to make a pot of coffee so we can have some with the pie.” I tell her as Leah and I get up.

“That would be lovely my dear ’ she tells me. She has a soft voice She is a psychiatrist. Dad met her when he would get the feed from the store next to her practice. She said she would notice him when he would go and get the feed and well I don’t want to think what she thought watching his muscles ripple as he loaded the bags.

“I just want to let you girls know that I really love your dad so much. I never thought I would find a man like him. I get to see all the bad that happens in relationships and wanted to stay away from them. But the moment I looked out that window and saw him remove his shirt while he loaded the truck.” She swallowed and I was in awe.

I wonder if she noticed that she said she loved dad. I turn to look at Leah and I could practically read her mind. ‘Oh Karen we couldn’t be happier for the 2 of you.” She beams back at us.

“I’m so happy you like me. He was worried you would not accept me.” She said looking worried.

“Oh nonsense I tell her.”

We had a good night. I cleaned up the kitchen with Luke’s help and we put the children to bed. I’m so happy Leah will be married in 6 days and dad looks like he will follow shortly after. I sigh what more can I ask for.

I made us some lemonade and then we went to sit on the porch swing over looking my favorite spot on our ranch. “I love you Mary Joe? Luke says as he looks at me.

“I love you to Luke.” I turn to him and he kisses me passionately.

The End

************************************************************

Sniff

Epilogue will be the last chapter……..

Comment………………………………...............................

Vote………………………………...............

Fan……………………….