Chapter 8 - Acknowledged

Depuis le début

"I cant believe you accept Naraku's gestures so easily! Letting him hold you like that and agreeing to do whatever he tells you to do! you may be his servant but he's so selfish! How can you stand being controlled by him?! Don't you have any self respect?! Besides, he's a half demon! You should be disgusted of him!" Kagura ranted as she continued to glare at me.

"I don't know what you mean, Kagura." I said calmly as I looked at the walls of the cave. "I mean sure, half demons are really different. They're like a mix breed, not complete of either. But I don't think that its right to treat them as something disgusting. Naraku said that the way he was created was different. But for a human and a demon to fall in love regardless of their differences in looks and power and have a child....I think that its really amazing. Their love is pure and beautiful and the child is a gift that represents that beauty."

I looked back at Kagura who was still frowning deeply. "If I had the choice to be reborn, I would have liked to be a half demon with parents who shared a loving bond."

"You're an idiot. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time talking to you." She closed her eyes waving off my opinion.

I rolled my eyes and looked ahead. "Well if I'm an idiot, why do you even bother asking me those questions? You know that I wont give you answers you like anyway...."

She didn't say anything to that so I pushed it off and headed back to my room. When I did get to my room though, I collapsed on my knees. I broke out into a sweat and covered my mouth as I took deep breaths. I'm surprised at how I kept up my composure till now!

I sighed deeply. Well, I guess I couldn't really do anything about what Naraku had done. I mean, sure, I was his servant and I wasn't really allowed to do anything without his permission especially because of the bracelet. But love? I didn't have time for stuff like that! I barely met anyone who I could consider as a possible date candidate and even if I did run into a handsome guy, our meetings would be one time.

I don't know how long Naraku planned to stay here at Mt. Hakurei though. I wonder who all I would meet....

Shaking my head, I got up from the floor. I didn't really have anything to do at the moment. Naraku did say I could go wherever I wanted to as long as it was well within the barrier. I think I should do some exploring. It would help get my mind off the incident with Naraku too.

I gave an involuntary shiver as goosebumps erupted on my skin. Darn....just thinking about it made me feel weird!! I rubbed my arms rather roughly trying to get the creepy crawly feeling off my skin.

I picked a random direction when I walked out of my room to do some exploring. Someway throught though, the spiritual presence around began to increase. Curious to know more, I continued in that direction and came across a wooden ledge on the outside of the mountain.

"That's strange....the air here is so pure. Almost like its the very center of the barrier around Mt. Hakurei." I mumbled.

It was foggy so everything wasn't clearly visible. I walked further and finally came across some sort of shrine. It wasn't a building but there was a pedestal and four pillars that supported a rather intricately designed roof. I pouted slightly noticing a person sitting on the pedestal. As I got closer, my eyes went wide.

It was a person sitting there. He actually looked mummified. He wore purple and yellow holy robes. He had holy beads in his hands that were held up in some sort of sign. I could feel the strong spiritual aura literally radiating off him.

I stopped barely two feet from the shrine. Everything here felt so serene. All the turbulence that I usually felt in my heart when I was around Naraku or fighting any demons wasn't there now. I felt so light. Being in the presence of a spiritual barrier and a saint who was so pure....it was wonderful.