Chapter 3: Complications

A/N: Thank you for the comments/votes uwu, sorry writer's block is always killing me from updating ;~;

"Akise Aru has lost his memories."

"I am aware."

Muru Muru chewed on a piece of corn on the cob while she talked. "Hmm... That's not good. It was the Second's doing. Now parts of his memories are gone and some are confused. He used to be in love with the First and now he's in love with the Second. I don't even think he remembers the survival game at all."

"It is unfortunate. I created him specifically for serving as the Observer in this game and he has proven to be very valuable and useful thus far. It would be a shame if I had to rid of him. This sudden change of falling in love with Gasai Yuno has also greatly changed the future." Deus said.

"Mmm..." Muru Muru looked up. "Are you really going to erase him from existence if he can't fulfill his role?"

"If he can't serve his purpose then there is no other reason for him to exist. If he doesn't show signs of remembering the survival game, then I will destroy him."

Yuno had hardly slept the night before and she grit her teeth angrily.

"I think I'm in love with you, Yuno."

Yuno gripped her sheets and turned away from Akise's side. 'How dare he. How dare he say that to me. What the hell is he thinking?!' Yuno sighed in frustration as she pinched her forehead. How was she supposed to befriend him if he's telling her he's in love with her? If she continued her act of pretending to befriend him he would grow on her and she did not want Akise Aru of all people to fall in love with her.

But if she showed how distasteful she was of him then there's a chance he'd remember her and he would become a hindrance between her and Yukiteru again.

The morning rays shone in her eyes and she draped the blanket over her head. She heard Akise stir next to her and she glanced over to see him starting to wake up. Great.

Everyone had slept in the living room on the floor but Akise had placed his futon next to hers last night before they went to sleep. He rubbed his eyes as he glanced at her. "Good morning, Yuno. Did you sleep well?" He asked. 'No. And it's all your fault.'

"Mm-hm!" She nodded, smiling brightly. "You?"

He smiled back and nodded. "Mm." He looked around the room and chuckled. "It looks like everyone else is still sleeping." She gave a small giggle. "It looks like it." Akise smiled affectionately at her and blushed slightly. Yuno smiled at Yukiteru and felt her cheeks tint pink as she giggled and poked his face. "Wakey, Wakey, Yukki~" He groaned and flipped over, causing her to giggle more. "Yuno...It's so early..." He groaned.

"It's like... nine in the morning Yukki!" "Too early for me... Not even my mom is awake right now..." Yukiteru groaned. Yuno pouted at him. "Fine, sleep in. I'm going to go make breakfast." She said, standing up from her futon and walking towards the kitchen. "May I help you?" Akise asked her. She smiled. "If you'd like to. I can handle it though."

"No, I insist. "Alright, thank you..Akise." He smiled at her as the two walked into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. "Hmm..." Yuno looked at the different ingredients they had. "How about natto, steamed rice, and miso soup?" She suggested. He nodded. "That sounds good." "Okay. I'll prepare the soup if you can make the other two." She suggested.

"Of course." He smiled at her as he went to prepare it.

Yuno sighed as she pulled the ingredients out and thought. 'Now that I think about it, it's kind of strange how easily he fell in love with Yukki in the first place. But why would he fall in love with me now? It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't just fall right back in love with Yukki again.' She scrunched her face as she pinched her forehead. It was all too frustrating and so sudden.