[Chapter Four-Harry]

Harry

Gabby took a deep breath, then turned the doorknob to reveal Professor Eracs sitting at his desk.

He wasn't alone.

Professor Eracs looked up. "Ahh. If it isn't Gabrielle and Harry Potter." The other man in the room snickered.

Gabby flushed. "What are you laughing at?"

The man sniggered some more.

"Harry and Gabrielle, this is Augustus Rookwood," said Professor Eracs smoothly.

I gasped. "Augustus Rookwood! You're one of the Death Eaters that escaped from Azkaban last year!"

Gabby visibly recoiled.

"Augustus is here at my invitation," said Professor Eracs calmly.

"Your invitation?" said Gabby in disgust. "You filthy Death Eater!"

Professor Eracs leapt up, his eyes flashing dangerously, his previously calm manner disappearing. "What did you call me?"

"You're a Death Eater!" Gabby exclaimed.

Professor Eracs snorted. "I know that. What did you call me before?"

"A FILTHY Death Eater!" Gabby yelled. "What are you doing here at Hogwarts?! Shouldn't you be helping Voldemort with some evil plan to kill of half the wizard and Muggle kind alike!"

Augustus Rookwood stopped snickering and got to his feet. "Do not say the Dark Lord's name!" he hissed, creeping closer to Gabby.

I back up against the wall, but Gabby held her ground. "I can call him what I want. He killed my parents!"

"Gabby," I muttered, tugging on her sleeve. "Let's leave."

She pulled her robes out of my grasp. "No," she said boldly.

"No, indeed," purred Professor Eracs. "If you leave, the first thing you'll do is go and tell that foolish Muggle-lover Headmaster about your little discovery today."

"Oh, yes I will! As soon as I get out of here!" said Gabby defiantly.

"You know what?" Professor Eracs said softly. "I don't think you will."

"Oh, yeah?" said Gabby.

Professor Eracs pulled a silver dagger out of his pocket and stroked it lovingly. "Yeah. Otherwise you will be meeting this blade very soon."

Gabby was about to reply, and her mouth was half open, when her eyes suddenly grew wide and she shut her mouth quickly.

"That's what I thought," Professor Eracs sneered. "Gabrielle Potter, I need you help."

Gabby started in surprise. "You need my help?" she said, looking startled.

"Yes," he purred. "And if you refuse to help me, well..." his grin grew wider as he caressed his the blade of his dagger.

"What do you need help with?" Gabby asked bravely.

"I need to use you for an experiment. It's possible it could go wrong, and you could die, but that doesn't matter, because you have nine lives. Or should I say, five," he said.

"How did you know I had five left?" asked Gabby.

"Well, it says five on your very visible arm, so I have no doubt everybody in this room knows," said Professor Eracs, rolling his eyes. "Will you  help me?"

Gabby thought about it for a moment.

No, please no, say no! I thought frantically to myself.