Chapter 4

A month has gone by since school has started and I find myself on a Saturday at my publishers office. All it took was a month to finish writing this next installment of my literary repartee.

Getting to know Keaton over these past few weeks has really brought his character on the page to such detailed life, that sometimes I am convinced that the story is more real than my actual life.

I still have not broken out of my shell and whenever he tries to engage me in conversation, I keep my responses to him to a minimum that way there is less of a chance of making a complete ass of myself in front of him.

But at night, ahh, at night I trully devote myself to worshipping Keaton's sleeping form with my eyes. He is quite shameless, always going to bed in very snug briefs. It's as if he is taunting me and stopping me from sleeping properly but then, because of all this, my publisher is currently devouring every word I have written over the past month.

I can already tell that he is more that quite pleased with my lastest work and that very soon this next novel will be published. All I have to do now is just think up a title for my book. I am a bit stumped and as I am pondering over this, my publisher says, "Amazing Balin. This one seems so much more intense than your other books. I don't know what is driving you to write in this direction but if this book does better than all of the others combined as I suspect it will, then keep it up. What are you calling it?" He looks over at me so I respond, "Not sure. What did you feel when you read it?" Alot of my titles have come from just the emotions that were felt after having read my story.

He states, "It seems like there is alot of devotion going on throughout the story." So I smile at him and then say, "Yes, Devotion, that is the title!" I can already see the wheels turning in my publisher's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently standing in front of the door to my dorm room hoping and praying that Keaton is not in. I always need a few minutes or hours to try and prepare myself mentally when I have to share such an intimate amount of space with him. Yes, intimate because it seems that everywhere I move he is always right there.

I let myself in and thankfully he is not here. My publisher informed me earlier that the release for my lastest novel is going to be tomorrow and I always get jittery and nervous. I am feeling that way now and have decided that a bath might calm me a bit so I can concentrate on my studies.

As I am getting myself ready, Keaton comes barging into the room nearly falling over himself. He seems to be a bundle of excitement. He calms me immediately when I see the absolutely heart stopping smile that is currently crossing his face.

He comes running up to me and says, "Balin, Oh Lord you will never believe what is happening tomorrow?" so I ask him what and he says in a voice that is breathless with excitement, "Tomorrow the newest B. Dale novel releases and I am skipping class and waiting at the bookstore all day and night to get my copy. Will you please come with me? I don't want to wait alone and it would mean alot to me."

I look at him in shock. I have never been to one of my releases just to avoid the death grip I am sure my stomach will be in if my book does not do well. But looking into his eyes I know that I could never deny him a single request and the power that he holds over me is terrifying.

I sigh deeply and respond, "Well I have never skipped classes but I guess there is a first for everything and if it means that much to you then yes, I will be by your side waiting for you to get your next B. Dale fix." He squeels in delight and gives me a bone crushing hug thanking me over and over and I pretty much dissolve right into him.