“I’m sorry. That was mean.” Xander apologizes and wraps an individual blanket around himself, joining me on the couch. 

I smile. “Kind of.”

“Oh, how can I ever repay you?” He questions sarcastically. 

“I don’t know-” 

The window. Thumping. “Xander, quick. I think something’s out there!” I screech, digging my nails into his palm as he makes his way off the couch. I try to follow but am immediately shoved back onto the couch. “What the hell are you doing?” 

Whispering. “Look, I think those guys are dangerous.”

My eyes grow wide. “D-dangerous?” 

“Yeah, this happens a lot when you’re an gang member, Kit-Kat.” He smirked, in our situation I couldn’t believe he was able to. “They really are dangerous, though, so go upstairs and lock yourself in your room.” He ordered, suddenly serious again. 

Grumbling, I turn around reluctantly. “Someone’s bi-polar.” Making my way up to my room, I see two figures, even hear them whispering slightly. 

“I think this is that girl’s room.” Someone muttered. 

“Yeah, sure smells like one.” Another one responded. 

I gulped, trying to slow down my breathing, in fear of being caught just around the corner from my door. If they walked out I’d be dead meat. “Ah, look!” One of them had obviously discovered me, so I’d have to hurry. Racing, I couldn’t move. My feet were glued to the floor. Literally? 

“Knew your little Xander would warn you to come up here and try to save yourself.” One of them claimed, smirking. “Michael was right…you do smell wonderful.” He took his nose, aligning it up and down my collar bone. “Just to make sure we understand each other about keeping your mouth shut for who killed your precious daddy to the police, we have this. Isaac, get it out.” He ordered his mate. 

The other man pulled out a knife, shiny and gleaming in what little moonlight there was coming from my window. “Michael sent you here?” I asked in disbelief. Boy, were they stupid. 

“Yeah, to warn you-” 

A gun shot. I waited for pain to come, but re opened my eyes when none came. “Don’t touch her or your next.” Xander claimed, smoke radiating off the gun. The man who had just threatened me was now laying on the ground, begging for someone to call an ambulance. 

Isaac grabbed my hair, yanking on it. Soon, I was in the grasp of his arm over my neck, the knife ready to decapitate me at any moment if we didn’t keep quiet or put the gun down I’m sure. “Put it down and I won’t destroy her.” Isaac said through clenched teeth. 

Xander’s facial expression was hesitant, and his hands were shaking from having to make such a tough decision to murder someone. This didn’t make us friends. My mind was racing with thoughts on how to get out of our sticky situation. There was nothing; my mind was drawing a complete blank. 

The cold metal from the knife sent shivers down my spine, as if it was going to slice into my skin at any moment or another. 

I kicked him where the sun don’t shine, causing him to drop the knife. 

“C’mon, let’s go!” I shout, grabbing Xander’s hand and pulling him down the stairs, running down the street.

He slowed me down. “Good move, but you’re bleeding.” 

“I know, did you see-” 

“No. I mean you’re bleeding.” Xander took off his shirt, even though it was basically below zero outside, and wrapped it around the bleeding cut I had acquired on my arm. “C’mon, you need rest and stuff.” Xander lifted me into his arms, carrying me down the street until we hears sirens. 

Content, I wasn’t too sure on if I wanted to wake up or not. I could feel the bright sun shining on my face. Moving in the comfort of this bed, I grin before stretching and opening my eyes. Thank god I wasn’t freezing anymore. Opening one eye, I open the other when I realize I’m in the hospital. What for? There were no major injuries.

Xander was propped up in a plastic chair at my bedside, his mouth hanging wide open in sleep mode. A little snore escaped his nose, so I giggled, causing him to jerk awake in five seconds flat. “You’re awake.” 

“Obviously.” I told him, sarcasm dripping through my voice. “Why are we here right now anyway?” I question, rubbing my head, which feels feverish against my cold hand. 

Xander cracks a small smile. “Just thought you’d like it here. You definitely slept better.” 

“Ah.” I conclude, getting up to go home. Or hell.

______________________________________________

It's been FOREVER since I updated, and if any of you are still reading this I must send you all my deepest apologies because school has kicked my butt and I just failed my chem test and everything, so just please bare with me. I'm trying to get back to updating every two to three days. Comment and vote, even though I've had SO much writer's block lately. XOXO ♥