Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We walked outside, back into the return of the freezing cold weather. The bike was waiting for us as Xander started it. “Did I just hear you right?” I question, more than curious as to why he wanted to commit murder. 

“Yeah, he basically raped you, he stole your mom, your dad’s dead, Kat. Don’t you wanna get him back?” 

I get on the back, wrapping my arms around his waist. “Yeah, because my childhood dream was always to kill a man.” 

“Knew you’d see it my way.” He smiled, smirking as we drove off. 

Once returning home, I removed my boots and relaxed because I know that my mom and Michael aren’t in the house. Their at dinner, which means I guess we’ll have to fend for ourselves for dinner tonight. Xander tosses me a Pepsi, which lands in my lap. 

“So, how are we even going to begin-” The snow storm outside is worsening, so it wasn’t surprising when the lights in the living room began flickering and we shrieked, both of us, which was shocking. “You scream like a girl.” I laugh slightly, trying to contain the burst of giggles that want to escape. 

“I do not!” Xander defended himself, clutching the pillow. Scream played on the screen, the blond main character telling the stranger on the other end of the line that she was making popcorn. “How stupid is this movie?”

I chuck a piece of popcorn his way. “This happens to be my favorite scary movie.” I tell him, putting a piece into my mouth before playing with the strings of my sweatshirt. 

The television snapped off and so did the lights. I hated darkness, it was my biggest fear. “Ah!” I screech. 

“Now whose the screaming girl?” Xander taunted. 

“Please, shut up and just get over here!” 

Xander scoots closer to me, wrapping his arms around my freezing cold one’s. “You worry too much, but hang tight because I think we need flashlights and candles and junk.” He notified me to stay put. I grabbed the warm fuzzy blanket from the back of the couch and wrapped it around myself, trying to ignore the fact that I was all alone in our apartment. Humming always helped me, so I decided to begin whistling some random tune to keep my mind off of what could be lurking in the dark. 

“Xander?” I question into the pitch blackness of the room. I squeeze the blanket tighter around myself again, trying to find some comfort in my deepest darkest situation. I gulped. No one could ever make me feel safe in the dark besides my dad. 

Soon, he appeared with a lit candle, a pile of blankets, and two flashlights. “You are a whimp. I just heard you whistling.” He smirked. “You cant whistle.” 

I blush, good thing it’s dark. The candle in the center of the coffee table is casting an eerie like shadow on his unique facial features. Stubble is appearing on his chin from lack of shaving. I decide not to respond because it would only make the situation worse. I wonder if my mom and Michael are coming home tonight…