Prolouge

~Kana's POV, for story purposes this is her at the very end of it all~

Yusatokana Sakuchi (Yoo-say-toe-kahn-ah Sah-koo-chee) is my name. Yu means superior. Sato means intelligent/ clever/ bright. Kana means music. Haha, my name is quite ironic to the story I'm about to tell you.

Music, ha.

~Kana's POV, when she is 14~
I was an orphan. I grew up in a different country from Japan, one ravaged by crime. I stole until I saved enough money to come here. In the other country, I lost my family. My parents were archaeologists and often one of them left for months at a time to go on digs.

One day, both of them had to go. My brother and I were not allowed to come with them. They said that this find would make them famous. They never came back from the trip. Our parents were caught in the middle of soldier's fire in a civil war happening in the country the dig was in.

This left my brother and I alone to fend for ourselves in our country. People murdered hundreds and it was a normal Tuesday night for them. He and I made friends along the way, but they were all dead within the week we met. One fateful day, a guy came up to us with a gun and shot our friend. He then shot me. He shot me in the fucking leg and I passed out. Heh, looking back on it now it wasn't so pathetic. My parents died, my friends all died, now my brother and I were about to die.

When I woke up, my brother was gone. I thought that the bastard probably took him as a trophy or some sick shit like that.

That was when I was determined to get out of there. I knew that was what my brother Kyotaro would have wanted. I started stealing things in order to go to Japan. Why Japan? Because Kyotaro and I would always talk about where we wanted to go when we got out, and I had always said Japan. When I got here, I was dismissed when I begged for food. I was treated like a stray mutt. I was rummaging through a trash can when I heard crying. When I looked around the alley, I found a girl with red hair. She looked to be a few years older than me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine," she returned, sniffling. "Why don't you go scram? I don't need anyone."

"Everyone needs someone, or at least something. They go crazy if they don't."

The girl smiled slightly. "What's so bad about being crazy? It seems pretty fun to me."

I laughed. "Yeah. Hey, I have an idea! Let's be crazy together!"

"Sounds good to me. I kinda wanted a little buddy anyway. Let's go.... Wait what is your name little buddy?"

"My name is Yusatokana Sakuchi."

"Geez, you got a mouthful there. How 'bout I just call you Kana? I mean, I'm going to anyway but..."

"Kana! I love it!"

"Alright kid, let's go. I have a secret hideout of sorts."

"Okay. Wait, what's your name?"

"Kuroi Kob- just Kuroi."

"'Kay. Lead the way Kuroi."

And that was how I met my best friend and partner in crime. Literally.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

562 words! I'm quite proud of this one so far! Tokyo ESP is literally like my life now. I can't wait for season 2. I will probably die of waiting and anticipating. Love each other!

Peace out, Night

(P.S. I watched all of Tokyo ESP in a day..... That's healthy, right?)