Thirty Seven

Demi searched for Zack for a little bit before she made her way back up to the apartment. Joe needed to know that Zack had ran out and she would help him look then. They would have to take Mason with them which would be the problem. Demi shut the door behind her sighing as she saw Joe leave the bathroom after his shower. She took his hand leading him into his bedroom.

"What's wrong? Where's Zack?" Joe demanded Demi already seeing that he was panicking a little bit before he already knew what was going on.

"He just took off, I tried to catch him Joe but he was too quick, I'm sorry." Demi answered panicking herself, not wanting to blame herself but it was hard.

"Just stay calm, we'll go look for him. He can't have gone far." Joe mumbled leading the way out the room slipping his shoes on.

"Come on Nevaeh, you're going to see Colton for a little while. Demi breathed helping her get her shoes on seeing that Joe was already getting Mason's stroller ready to bring him along. She just hoped they could find him in time for nothing bad to happen to him. He didn't communicate so it was hard for her to know that there was anything wrong. They all got outside the door Joe locking the door behind him pecking Demi's lips.

"It's not your fault alright." He demanded.

"B-But..." Demi begun but Joe soon cut her off again.

"No, it isn't, let's just find him." Joe demanded Demi sighing nodding her head gently holding Nevaeh against her hip. She knew something was wrong and wasn't her normal bubbly self. Demi climbed into her car after saying goodbye to Joe.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go look with you?" Colton inquired his eyes on Nevaeh as she ran into the living room without saying a word.

"No it's fine, just look after her, he can't have gone far," Demi answered smiling slightly when he brought her into a hug hugging him back feeling him kiss the top of her head. "Thanks, I'll call you and keep you updated." Demi promised kissing his cheek gently before she left heading back into her car. She begun driving around looking for Zack while Joe looked on foot. She couldn't help but get worried about him, he didn't have any shoes on and it was heading towards dinner time where he would be getting hungry. Luckily it was summer so he wouldn't be cold.

Demi decided to go back to Joe's apartment after a little while and wait there in case he was to come home and Joe agreed that it was a good idea. They had met back up and Demi took Mason back so he could settle down again without having to be rushed around in his stroller. As time went by the more they got increasingly worried about Zack but Joe had now called the police and they were looking for him, usually it was within twenty-four hours of him being missing but because he was such a young age it was more serious.

"I'm not coming home until I find him." Joe urged taking his hands off the handlebars so Demi could take it back to the apartment.

"Just don't work yourself up over it too much will you?" Demi questioned leaning up pecking his lips gently. It calmed him a little bit.

"I won't." He breathed kissing her again before he pulled away kissing Mason's head setting off again. Demi sighed when he was out of sight heading into the building and towards the elevator. She hit floor four looking into the stroller.

"We'll find your big brother I promise." Demi stated stroking his cheek gently Mason beginning to coo in his sleep. Demi stepped outside the elevator turning the corner.

Her eyes landed on Zack sat on the floor against Joe's apartment door.