Challenge #12

i can't get enough of solangelo, sorry not sorry

-

As usual, Mrs. O'Leary comes bounding up to Nico as soon as he stops by Zeus' Fist. He looks around first to make sure they were alone before reaching out and hugging the hellhound's neck. Because gods forbid that the son of Hades be seen all soft and cuddly.

He disentangles himself a few moments later, hair and clothes scattered with fur. "Do you want to play fetch? Do you?" Reaching behind him, he presents the shield, earning a big WOOF.

Before he had managed to throw it though, it gets snatched out of his hand.

"Here girl! And- fetch!" Nico tries hard not to stare at Will as he does this. With the sun hitting him in just the right way, he looks... well, he looks attractive. He feels his face warm up and he looks away and sees something just nestling in Will's arms.

"What's that?" He uses this as an excuse to get closer to him.

"It's who's that not what." Will holds up the bundle of fur. "This is Aelius."

"That's Roman."

"O'Leary doesn't seem very Greek either."

The said dog drops the shield by their feet and starts sniffing the cat. He gives her an impassive stare before tucking it's head in the crook of Will's arm.

"He doesn't seem to like us."

"Well he only likes me so..." He shrugs and rubs that cat's stomach. Aelius didn't seem to like that as he hisses and leaps out.

"He only likes me most of the time." He corrects.

Steeling his nerves, Nico slides his hand into Will's palm. "I like you most of the time too."

-

i'm so bad at writing these kinds of things bc the stories i've ever worked on honestly all have deaths and sad stuff lmao