Chapter 22

Once the movie finished Jane lead Maura to the bedroom. Shutting the door Maura slipped off her clothes and climbed into bed as Jane did the same. Jane pulled Maura close.

"I'm really afraid to tell Evan." Maura frowned.

"Babe I told you that I will be there with you when you tell him." Jane reassured Maura.

"What if he does something? Like tries to take the baby away from me?" Maura questioned.

"I won't let that happen." Jane said.

"I'm sorry. I'm just afraid." Maura said.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." Jane said. Jane smoothed out Maura's hair. "I love you and I promise you that I won't let anything happen to you or the baby." Jane placed her hand on Maura's stomach. "It may not be my baby physically but I will love him or her just as if it was mine own that I made with you."

Maura felt her heart throbbed. This woman really loved her. Falling asleep Maura dreamed of raising her daughter with Jane. A daughter who looked like a mini Maura. The same hair color and eyes. She loved Jane. It was the perfect dream. By morning Maura slipped out of Jane's arms and into the shower. Finishing up she heard as the bathroom door opened and then she heard Jane peeing. Smiling Maura felt like they were married. They were no boundaries and Jane was open with Maura. She has only focused on Maura like she said. This deep connection made Maura realize that she could marry again. This time for real love. The real love she shared with Jane.

Jane watched as Maura stepped out of the shower. She was gorgeous. Smiling Jane pulled Maura onto her lap.

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?" Jane asked.

"Yes. I love you too Jane and I enjoy you telling me." Maura smiled.

"I'm going to get a shower now and then we can go. First to your baby check-up and then to tell Evan the news." Jane said.

"Alright." Maura kissed Jane. 

Getting up Maura disappeared to get dressed as Jane hopped into the shower. The water was hot and Jane began to wash her hair. Everything felt good. This whole thing with Maura felt right and soon they would be living together raising a child. Starting a family. 

Finishing up Jane got out of the shower and went to see that Maura was pairing her scrubs. She had to work and Jane smiled. Maura looked sexy. Getting dressed in a pair of jeans and a black muscle shirt Jane went and let Jo out before they left.

After Jo finished Maura and Jane went to get into the truck. Jane drove them to the hospital. Maura waited to be seen by Dr. Arizona Robbins. Once in the back room Maura laid on the bed. This was her first pregnancy and she was nervous. She didn't even know she was pregnant. She wondered how far along she was. She remembered that she had sex with Evan four months ago. Soon Dr. Robbins came in. Her smile could light up a room.

"Maura Isles, do you know how far along you are?" Dr. Robbins asked.

"Last time I had sex with a man is four months ago." Maura said as she looked over at Jane.

"So let's see what you got going on." Dr. Robbins said as she lifted up Maura's shirt.

Maura felt the coldness of the gel and Jane watched on the screen. Jane's jaw dropped.

"Is something wrong?" Maura questioned.

Dr. Robbins smiled. "No there's nothing wrong but your not just getting one. Your getting two." Dr. Robbins said.

Maura's eyes swelled with tears as she began to cry. Standing up Dr. Robbins looked at Maura and Jane.  "You two are going to make great parents. I got a little girl of my own, Sofia. She looks just like her mother." Dr. Robbins said. "It's difficult being first time parents I'm not going to lie there but you learn what to do and what not to do. Your kids will bring you closer together and the love that I already see between you two is what I have with my wife." Dr. Robbins smiled.