In Love With My Best Friend Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

Rolling my eyes, I untangled my fingers from his hair and pushed at his chest, trying to give myself some space before things could go any further. But the stubborn fool only tightened his hold on me, and brought his lips to my neck. Any thoughts of removing myself from his arms left my mind as his gentle lips trailed soft kisses up my neck and along my collar bone. I couldn’t help myself as I let my head fall back to expose my neck to him even more. When he started sucking on my soft spot, the throbbing inside my pants became unbearable. Then he bit down, and a noise escaped my lips that I’m embarrassed to say sounded way to girly to be coming out of a sixteen year old guy’s lips.

So many thoughts were running through my head. What was I doing? What did this mean? What are we to each other now? How does he think of me? Is he just playing with me? Had he somehow found out I was gay and that is why he said he was, just so that he could have a go at me. How far was I going to let this continue? How did I feel about this? How did he feel about this? What was he thinking? It was just too much, I had to get away to think. So I slammed my hands against his chest and struggled out of his lap, once I was free I clumsily ran to the front door and ripped it open. I slammed it shut behind me and made my way to my bike, which was still lying on his lawn. Once on it I raced home. I needed to think about what all this means.

I raced home and the instant I saw my house I jumped off my bike and let it crash into the garage door. I slammed the front door open and was met with the face of my mom.

“Hey Sweetie, are you alright? What’s wrong?” She asked me.

I didn’t want to talk to her, I didn’t want to see or talk to anyone at the moment. I would usually always tell my mom about my day the instant I got home. But today I just couldn’t, I was too confused, I just needed some time alone to think.

“Nothing, just leave me the fuck alone.” I told her before running upstairs to my room. I didn’t look at her face, I didn’t want to see the hurt, confusion and disappointment that I knew would be there.

I got to my room and slammed the door shut, before leaning on it and sliding to the ground. My hands on my face and my legs pulled up to my chest, I started crying. I think I love Skylar and I just wrecked it.

I woke up not remembering when or how I got on my bed. I was too busy crying and over thinking everything that happened with Skylar, I didn’t even notice that I changed my clothes. After all the thinking I did last night, I realized that I was not in love with my best friend, I was just confused because, I finally confessed my sexuality, well kind of. And I kissed someone for the first time. Who would of known my first kiss would be with my best friend who’s a guy? I guess I just needed more time to think, I hope Skylar will understand.

I got ready for another boring day at school, but at least it was Friday. Oh who am I kidding I have a massive feeling that today is going to be eventful. I knew I had  to face Skylar sometime, but I just didn’t have the guts to face him first thing this morning. So instead of meeting up with him at his place so we could ride to school together, I just went by myself. I really hope he will understand.            

Skylar’s P.O.V

Kissing him had been amazing, and I thought he had been enjoying it too. I couldn’t believe that Joshy was gay, all this time I dreaded telling him, and he was like me. At least I think he’s gay, since he kissed me first, I’m just going to take that as his way of telling me. That was until he broke away from me and ran out the door. Leaving me sitting on the floor stunned and shaking. The little problem between my legs just made matters worse.

Maybe I had rushed him too fast, maybe I should have just let him pull away after he pecked me on the lips at the start. I bet he thought I was a fucking freak now, I pretty much raped him with my lips. I hope I didn’t ruin our friendship, I don’t think I could live with myself if I had. Joshy was my everything, he was the only thing that kept me sane after my dad died, seeing his face everyday stopped me from breaking down. Him grabbing my hand and squeezing it tightly as I got the news of my father being taken out by a sniper in Iraq, had stopped me from crying in front of my class.

He was my everything, and I couldn’t live without him in my life. I loved him more than anything or anyone else. My heart completely belonged to him, whether he knew it or not. Even if I have to live my life standing at his side, never being able to show him how much he meant to me, was better than not having him at all. I had to stop thinking such depressing thoughts before I lost my mind. Pulling myself off the floor I dragged my feet to the door that led to upstairs and walked up the rattly wooden steps. The first thing I saw was Molly sitting on the kitchen bench, watching as mom made dinner.

Coming up behind her, I hit the back of her head lightly, “If you’re going to sit there and watch you might as well help.”

She turned around and glared at me, “Fuck off you fag, help her yourself.”

Glaring back at her I tried to control my urge to hit her, for calling me a fag by reminding myself that she didn’t know how much her words really hurt because she didn’t know that I really was gay. So instead I turned to mom, “Is there anything you need help with?”

Mom looked up from stirring whatever it was that was in the pot on the stove and smiled at me, “Sure hunny, can you get whatever veggies you want out of the fridge and cut them up to put into the stew.”

I wasn’t gonna go on and say that my family were all rich and stuff, or that we were starving to death. We were just an average family with an average income. So when I opened our fridge you see the basic foods, nothing fancy, just the normal stuff a family needs to survive off. I thought for awhile then grabbed a couple of onions, a capsicum, and a handful of carrots. I began chopping them up, and after a while Molly sighed then joined me. It made me smile which then earned me a glare and her heavy foot landing on mine.

When dinner was ready we all sat down at the table, with my step father, Bret at the head were my fun and kind hearted father use to sit. Mom sat at the other end and Molly and I sat vertically across from each other, I closer to mom and her closer to Bret. Molly didn’t remember dad as well as I did, he wasn’t around much when she was growing up, but I remembered everything about him. His loving smile, his strong arms, the crinkle next to his eyes whenever he laughed and the way that he could always turn a bad situation into a good one.

Bret dug into the food first even though he had been the only one not helping. No that would mean he would have to get off his lazy ass and stop watching the football. Mom grabbed her food next then Molly and I. We all ate in silence for a while until Bret started asking Molly how her day went. He didn’t bother asking me because he knew that I would ignore him. So the conversation during dinner often entailed everyone else talking and me eating in silence.

After dinner I headed back down stairs and stripped out of my cloths before walking into the bathroom and turning the shower on. I stood under the hot water trying to wash away all the thoughts spinning around inside my head. Five minutes later I came to the conclusion that hot showers, one were the best damn thing ever and second that if I just gave Joshy some space then everything might just work out alright even if that means us staying friends. I just hope I haven’t ruined it already, and I hope that he will understand. Hopefully we will work it out in the morning when he comes to get me for school.

I jumped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist then dried my hair with another. Throwing the hair towel back on the hanger I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards my draws. I stared into my draw of boxers and decided to go with my Elmo ones, yeah because I’m legit just that cool. I pulled them on then threw my other towel into the bathroom. I then dropped down on my bed, belly first and closed my eyes. Not even two minutes later I was drifting off into the land of sleep.