[Chapter Three-Gabby]

Start from the beginning

Aria sighed. "We mean proper, healthy portions of food. Not a crumb of toast!"

I frowned at her, but before I could say anything, I felt  prescence behind me and turned around to see Dean standing behind me.

"Turn that frown upside-down!" he said.

I frowned some more. "That's so corny. Why are you late, anyway?"

He held up a piece of paper. "I got held up."

I reached to grab the piece of paper, but he held it out of reach.

"Hey! I want to read it!"

Now it was Dean's turn to frown. "No!" he retorted. "It's none of your business!"

I scowled at him, my eyes flashing dangerously, then swept out of the room. Little did my friends know that I left a handy little gadget behind, one I invented myself, that records people's conversation and plays it back to me. It's about the size of a thumbnail, and you stick it to the bottom of the table or the chair.

I pressed the other half of the gadget, the part that plays the conversation back to me, in my ear.

"What's up with Gabby?" I heard Dean ask.

"I don't know," said Aria, sounding worried. "She's been avoiding being alone with me ever since the second day of school."

"Do you think it has anything to do with him?" said Seamus loudly.

"Shhh!" several voices hushed him.

"Yeah, she said he really creeps her out," interjected Coby.

"Do you think there's anything wrong with him?" asked Kelly in a hushed whisper.

"Well," Dean sounded uneasy. "When I was walking into the hall, he gave me this piece of paper, and told me to give it to Gabby. He had this look that was a bit suss about him."

"Did you read it?" asked Seamus eagerly.

Dean hesitated. "Well, yes."

"Well, what does it say?" exclaimed Kelly impatiently.

"There was nothing on it."

There were several sighs of disappointment.

"Hang on, before we jump to conclusions, give it to me," said Aria. I could hear paper rustling.

"Specialis Revelio!" Aria chanted, and there were several gasps.

"Invisible Ink," said Aria with satisfaction.

"Well, read it, then!" said Kelly impatiently.

"Dearest Gabrielle," Aria read. "I know who you are, what you are, what you can do-I know everything about you. Come and meet me in my office tonight at eight p.m. I will explain everything when you arrive. From Alexander Eracs, a.k.a Professor Eracs. P.S. Do not tell anybody about this."

There was silence.

"Do you think we should tell her?" said Dean, sounding troubled.

There was a pause.

"No," Aria decided. "I don't trust him at all."

"Neither do I," Kelly declared.

"What should we do with it?" asked Coby.

"Burn it," said Aria, after a pause. "Destroy the evidence. That's the best way."

"Deal," they all said as one.