Chapter 3 *~*~*~*

We went to the park. “umm… August?” “yeah?” “what happens when my 3 wishes are up?” “well… I’ll be gone.” “what do you mean by gone?!” “Gone as in gone. Like I’ll turn to dust and be flown in the air.” “so what happens to the genie of August?!” “One genie will be born and he or she will replace me as Genie of August. The Genie of happiness… it’s kinda sad though… I’ll never see you again…” she look at me and her eyes were fill of sadness. “but…” she added “but what?” “but at least you made my wish come true to be a human like you.” tears rolled down from her eyes. I comforted her. “thanks for being a friend” she added

The next day…

After classes, I went home and I saw August in the garden! Oh no! Grandma is coming! “August hide!” “what?!” “Rafael!” oh no! we’re doomed. “Oh hello Raffy’s grandma!” “hello August! Rafael come with me…” grandma looks so serious. “Raf…” “Grandma I can explain!” “op! stop. August already told me.” “everything?” “yes. Everything.” I feel so scared right now. “Why didn’t you tell me you had a friend with you?!” “what?!” “why didn’t you tell me that August was an orphan and she doesn’t have a place to live. You could have told me!” phew! I thought August told her that she was a genie “yeah… sorry grandma. Next time I won’t hide anything from you again.” “very good! Now call August and let her in. she’s a guest.” “yes grandma” I went near her and I saw August smelled grandma’s flowers. “hey…” I said “oh! hi Raffy, I was just smelling this wonderful creature. They smell so good! What do you call them?” “we call them flowers. They’re beautiful aren’t they?” “yeah!” “let’s go inside.”

“by the way Rafael you’ve got  2 wishes left.” “oh yeah…Hey August can you help me with math?” “what’s a math?” “oh yeah, I forgot. Well I wish to learn everything about math!” *snap* and I now know everything about math! Amazing! A couple of minutes later, I’m done answering in math. “thanks August!” “welcome!” “hey, what’s happening to you?” “what do you mean?” “the color of your hair, it’s very very light pink. What happened?” “oh… I forgot to tell you, once you start wishing, my appearance will start to change.” “well, do you feel something strange?!” “none. I just feel very sleepy after granting your wishes. Well I better go to sleep. You should too..” “ok.” Then I turned off the lights.

For 1 week, I did not use my last wish. Instead I did all August’s wish instead. “hey Raffy! Thanks for being my Genie! *giggle*” “you’re most welcome August and thank you also for being my Genie! Hey wanna go to the Amusement Park?” “what’s that?” “come!” we rode a cab going to the Amusement Park. “wow! Look that that! Woah! How cute!” she is really happy right now which makes me smile. “wanna go ride the roller coaster?” “yeah! I don’t what it is but it sounds fun!” so I took her to the roller coaster. After putting on our seatbelt, the roller coaster started going up. “hey! Are you scared?” I ask “Absolutely not!”. She replied. We went up, down, right, left and through the loops! That was so amazing and she really enjoyed a lot. “I wanna ride one more time!” “no! I feel sick!” “bwahahaha!” I think I’m gonna puke. I think we rode all the rides in that park except for the Ferris wheel. “what’s that?” she ask as she pointed her finger to the Ferris wheel. “that’s a Ferris Wheel.” “I wanna ride it! Please can we?!” “um… ok!” so we went. Once we arrived we went inside and sat down. It ride started and August looks scared. “hey, are you scared?” “umm… yes.” “come near me.” “may I hug you?” “yes you may!” she hugged me so tight! I feel so lucky tonight! Minutes later… “Rafael! I think we’re stuck?!” “what?” “I think we’re stuck. This thing is not moving” “really?!” we look down and the man called out some other men to fix the machine. “I guess we are stuck…” “oh no! what are we gonna do?!” “can you fly?” I ask “umm yes.” “well let’s fly!” “no!” “why?” “cause… I’m scared of heights.” “bwahahaha!!!” “why?” “you’re a genie and you’re scared to fly?” “well yeah! Let’s use you’re wish!” “no. it might change you’re appearance again.” “well what are we going to do?” she ask. “let’s wait.” we were quiet for the whole 1 hour. “um… August, I have to confess you something…” “what is it?” “well… you see, I…” “you what?” she went near me and looked through my eyes. “you see I love you.” “oh! that’s nice. Thank you!” “that’s all? You don’t feel the same way too?” “you see Raffy, we’re not like humans that can be in love. Genies and human are not meant for each other. and when your wishes are up, I’ll be gone before you know it. You should not be in love with me… even though I’m In love with you we can’t be together” “so you do love me too?” I asked “well yeah…” “I love you August! I’ll accept everything about you. No matter who you are or what you are I’ll always love you!” “No! I’m a genie! And nothing can change it! Nothing! I’ll always be a genie and you will be human! I’m sorry…” she’s crying again. This really makes me sad. I just hugged her. “I love you August” I hold her face and our eyes met. “this is the only thing I can promise you August. I promise to love you forever and nothing can separate us.” I kissed her lips and it felt like heaven.  It is settled, I’ll my last wish is to set her free and be a human like me. So we can be happy.

The next night…

“what?! Where is she now?! Ok ok we’ll be there.” “what’s happening Raffy?” August asked. “Grandma, in the hospital and she is in danger! We need to go to the hospital right now!” I replied. We immediately went inside my car and drove to the hospoital.

At the hospital…

“Doc, how is she?” I ask my grandma’s doctor. “She’s in great danger Raf. The cancer cells are spreading very fast.” He replied. “is there anything we can do?” August ask “we just have to pray for her and be ready on what will happen next.” And the doctor left. “no…no…no!!! Grandma is not gonna die! No no no!” everything is a so confusing right now. What am I gonna do?! “Raf, come with me…” she grabbed my hand and took me to the chapel. “let’s pray for her.” Both of us prayed for grandma to be well and she’ll be safe. After the prayer…

“Raf, I know what  you and I can do for your grandma…” she said. “what?” “use your last wish!” “no… I promise to use it for you. For you to be human!” “Please! Use it for your Grandma, I know how much you love her. Please use it!” “I- I can’t do it…” “you have to Raf!” “I’ll lose you forever! And I’m never gonna see you again. I’ve wasted 2 wishes and this last wish is for you, for us!” “no! you must do it Raf! Don’t be selfish! Even though I may be gone in your vision, I will be here for you, somewhere in the night. And a part of me will always be with you.” “Don’t ever forget me ok?” I told her. “I promise to never forget nor leave you.” we hugged each other so tight. We went outside and I saw the star that I wished one night. “you ready?” she ask “ready as I’ll ever be” I replied. “ok...” she gave me a sweet smile. We hold each other’s hands and we closed our eyes. “I wish… no…. I can’t do it…” I bowed my head and I felt tears rolling down from my eyes. “you can… you can do it Rafael.” “ok…” I took a deep breath. “I wish that my Grandma would be ok again, no more sickness and…” before I could finished my sentence I opened up my eyes and looked at August. “And no more goodbyes…” and she opened her eyes and cried. She tried to smile but I know she is feeling the same way I am right now… which is pain. She let go of one hand and raised it. But before she could snap, I hugged her so tight. “I love you Rafael…” *Snap!* and she vanished into dust. And once again, I felt the cold breeze. And I was left all alone.

I went back inside the hospital and went inside of my grandma’s room and I saw her sleeping in her bed. “She’s ok now, we have removed the cancer cells.” the doctor said to me. “thank you so much doc, for saving her life.” “You are welcome.” He replied. And he left. The next morning, grandma woke up and I saw her smiling at me. “Dear, where’s August?” “um… you see… she’s gone…” “oh… I’m sorry. You do love her do you?” “how did you know?” “oh Raff, it’s really obvious. I’ve been watching both of you and I know that you love her.” “yes… I do love her. But now… she’s… she’s gone…” I quickly hugged grandma and I cried so hard. “oh sssh… don’t cry… someday you’ll find the one.”