Never letting go

"Padme," I said looking at the newborns small medium tone face, short brown hair and vibrant green eyes, "her name is Keira Padme Skywalker."
"We never discussed that name. What if I hate it?" Finn exclaimed.
   "Do you?"
   "Well, um."
   "Than her name is Keira."
   "Feisty consideration you just gave birth," I heard Finn mumble. I gave him the death stare.
"Force chocking runs in my family," I said, "want me to practice on you?"
"No thank you!"
   I looked back down at Keira. She was just so small and delicate. Her little fingers and toes were swaddled in a soft pink blanket.
     Even though it was barely noon, my dad had to leave early. I don't know why, hopefully he's decided to surprise me with Keira's nursery. The largest downfall about dads early departure was he left 2 tickets to awkwardville. One for me and one for Finn.
    "Can I?" He asked.
   "Can you what?" I responded.
   "Hold her?"
   "Yeah, I guess just be careful."
    Finn stood up and I nervously handed him Keira.
    "I've made a decision to trust you," I told Finn.
   "A horrible decision really."
   "Then give her back."
   "What do you have against me?" Finn asked.
   "Nothing," I lied, "nothing at all."
  "You're lying."
  "You're right, but I really shouldn't owe you an explanation. You should know why I don't exactly like you."
"I really don't."
"Finn, you turned on my family, my lifestyle, me!" And you refuse to come back for Keira! What am I going to tell her when she starts questions who her dad is, oh I'm sorry your dad is a psycho sith who didn't love us enough to come back?"
"Like you didn't do anything wrong! You caused us to go to ninth base only to run away the next day! You left me depressed! I joined the dark side because I loved you so much and you leaving left me so much pain!"
"What choice did I have?"
"Do you know what, I would have loved to be here throughout the pregnancy. And if I had known, than I would have been there for every single moment."
"Really, do you promise to be here for everything else?" I say emotionally.
"Of course, you need me. And so does Keira."
"I don't need you, you just don't want to lose your masculinity by saying you need me." I said, "I'm going to take a nap. When you get tired of Keira just lay her down in the bassinet. Make sure she's covered up."
"Relax Sweetheart, you can trust me."
"Sweetheart?"
"Do you not like it?"
"No, it's not that. It's just that's the last thing my mom said before leaving me on Jakku." I began to tear up.
    "I'm sorry," Finn said, "I had no idea."
That's the last thing I heard before drifting into a deep sleep.
A few hours later I woke up.
"How do you sleep so well on a bed like that?" Finn asked.
"I spent 12 years in Jakku sleeping on sand," I said, "how long was I out?"
  "Around 5 hours."
"And you stayed the whole time? Holding her too?"
  "Not exactly. Keira fell alseep around the time you did so I put her down. I went downstairs to the food court and got lunch. I ran into a friend so we talked for a minute. When I came back Keira was stirring. I didn't want her to wake you so-" I put my finger over his mouth cutting his words off.
"Say no more," I said giving off a flirty tone, "thank you for you help."
"You're cute when you just woke up," Finn told me causing a light smile to form across my pale face.
"No, your kidding."
"Actually, I've never been more in love with you." Finn stood up from the blue plastic chair and gently placed Keira in her bassinet.  I started to think he was leaving but he instead walked up to me.
In a shock like state I allowed Finn to kiss me, not thinking everything through. Once I realized what was happening I immediately pulled away.
"What's wrong?" He asked, "are you not ready to give Keira a sibling?"
  "Yes Finn! That is it. I like you and you like me but I've said this a hundred times! We can't be together!"
  "Why are you sending me such mixed signals? One minute you want me in your life and the next you are yelling at me for showing you affection?"
  "Finn, what I want is for us to be friends, Ross and Rachel, I want you in my life, but it can't be romantically. As soon as I get home tomorrow I'm setting you up on a blind date."
  "Who ever you set me up with will never compare to you," Finn said flirtatiously.
  "Maybe she won't. But you need to explore the other fish in the sea. Now please, leave I need to be alone."
  "I'm not giv-"
  "Just leave."
  "Ok, but you'll be sorry."
  I watched Finn walk out the door. I sat up and turned to pick up Keira. "Please don't turn out like you're father," I said stroking her hair back.