"You look well." He says as his eyes quickly scan over me, and I feel disgusted.

"I could say the same to you." He seems taken back at the level of sass that wasn't there when we were dating. "What do you want?" I snap at him, crossing my arms.

He appears just about speechless before recovering. "How are you?" He asks and I can't help but laugh. He looks confused. "I don't see what's so funny."

"You." I get close to him and jab a finger in his chest as he stands up straight. "You actually have the nerve to come near me after all you've done. You should've stay far away from here."

He grins at me, and I narrow my eyes at him. "And what are you going to do about it, Lisa?"

"Don't call me that." I snap, but he ignores it.

He chuckles as he gets close to me, as close as a lover as he puts his mouth to my ear. It takes all my will power to keep my shaking from showing.

"It's not like you can get a restraining order." He says those words and I shove him away.

"Get the fuck away from me Derek." I look at the clock. 3:58. Matt will be here in about 2 minutes. All I have to do is stall for 2 more minutes.

"Someone gained some confidence." He smirks.

"No. I just learned how to stand up to lowlife asshats like you." I take a step away, but the counter is right there.

Derek again comes close to me. I flinch as the backs of his fingers brush my cheek.

"You're even more beautiful than before." He says gently. His fingers are now at my neck. "But you've found someone, haven't you." I stiffen at the mention of Matt. His fingers are now brushing down my arm. He laughs. "You have." His hand is laid gently on my waist. I begin wiggling, trying to get him off of me.

"Derek...." 1 more minute.

"Oh I love it when you say my name." He says in a threatening voice as his thumb grazes the bottom of the scar on my waist.

"Stop it!" I scream, but he now has a death grip on my other arm. As always, he's bigger than I am, but he's gotten stronger in prison.

"Have you slept with him yet?" I don't say anything, and he takes my silence as confirmation. "And he's still with you?" He laughs. "I guess he hasn't realized how big of a slut you are, huh?"

"I'm not as weak as I was before, Derek." 10 seconds. "Your words have no effect on me whatsoever." He seems angry at this.

I see Matt silently enter the store with caution. We make eye contact for a second and I'm focused on the intruder.

"What's wrong Derek?" I say his name loud enough Matt can hear. "Did you think I would fall too my knees and submit to you again?" I sneer.

He goes to say something, but he's soon being yanked away. He then stands in front of my soldier, wearing his intimidating uniform, and actually has a gun in the holster at his hip. Like most of the time, Matt is stronger and bigger than a good majority of the guys he meets. Derek is no exception.

"If I were you, I would think very carefully about my next move." Matt says with a deep voice ad lethal look in his golden eyes. "If you were smart, that move would be made to make it out that door and to your car within the next 30 seconds." He chuckles a threatening laugh.

If not," he takes out his pocket knife and flips it open, Derek's eyes widening. "I was taught a few strategies overseas on how to inflict certain pain on a man with a little pocket knife, like the one shown here, while drawing blood, but not enough pain and blood loss to kill or have him pass out." Matt angles the blade so it shimmers in the light. "Would you like a presentation?"

Faster than I thought was possible, Derek is scrambling out of the shop and through the door.

I don't say anything as I tackle Matt in a hug, the breath I didn't even know I was holding coming out in one huge exhale. Then comes the hyperventilation and I realize how close Derek was from hurting me again.

"Shhhh. it's alright baby. He's not going to hurt you anymore. I've got you. You're safe now." He strokes my hair. "You understand that? I'm right here for you."

I nod against his chest.

"You're safe now." He says again, a little more quieter.

"Matt." I finally get out after moments of silence. He hums in response.

"Do you really know multiple ways to torture someone with a pocket knife?" I ask, and he laughs.

"Maybe one or two. But Ian and I taught it to ourselves. Our commanders wouldn't teach us so we had to find out ourselves." He says laughing at his bluff.

"Oh. Have you ever used it on someone?" I ask cautiously.

"If I told you I'd have to kill you." He says with a straight face.

"What?" I say in shock, my eyes wide.

He cracks up laughing as he takes my hand and we begin walking out the store.

"I'm kidding. I haven't." I seem to take almost a sigh of relief. I turn to lock up the shop.

"At least not those methods anyway." Matt says.

"Wait-" I begin, but Matt just shakes his head and takes my hand once more.

"Don't worry about it. Like I said, you're safe now. I promise." He leads me to his car.

And with his words, I know them to be all too true.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As I said, Derek is back in the story, because I'm so cliché hahahaha......
Sorry.

But I'm on spring break sooo imma do it when I feel like (and when I say that, I mean like, when I have time el oh el)

Make sure to vote, comment, and follow!!

~QuackingDuck~