mirror/rorrim

Depuis le début

***

"I'm the understudy?" Erica repeated, staring at the teacher. "But I totally nailed that audition!"
"You were very... present." She forced a smile. "Congratulations, Sunday Clover, you're our lead!"
Sunday ran into the centre of the room, squealing. Once she calmed herself down, she began to speak some of her lines. "Do I dream? Or do my waking eyes seek a new? Such reds, such golds!"
Olivia and Sarah could see the look on Erica's face - she wasn't happy.
"Thank you so much Miss Lovedhouse Oldman Little!"
"The kids call me Miss LOL." She told Sunday.
"Makes me wanna put that shrimp on the barbi." Erica whispered to Sarah and Olivia in an Australian accent.
"I know you'll be an ace understudy," Sunday said to Erica, smiling. "and just step right in if something happens to me!"
"Yes! If something happens to you." Erica faked a smile and pulled Sunday into a tight hug. Olivia swore she could hear Sunday's bones clicking.
"Wow! You have a lot of positive energy!" Sunday exclaimed, pulling away. "I can feel it in my ribs! I'm grinning like a shot fox. I'm gonna go the Harold Holt and have a captain cook at my dressing room!" She squealed, running off.

"I didn't understand half of that." Olivia said once she was gone.
"What just happened?" Sarah asked.
"Oh, Sarah, Olivia, I have nominations for you too! Olivia, you'll be playing the role of Moonbeam, Sundrop's sister and Sarah you'll be playing Sundrop's best-friend: Rainbeam!"

"I was just helping Erica out, I wasn't trying myself." Sarah replied, politely.
"What a shame; you're a natural." Miss LOL sighed.
"Really? Because I actually had so much fun doing it! And the part about the bunnies who wuv each-other; it's so cute!" Sarah almost squealed.
"I'll take that as a big yes!" Miss LOL said, walking off.
"Welcome aboard. Good luck acting like you can stand Sunday Clover." Just as Erica said that Sunday danced past them. "This is gonna be fun." Olivia mumbled, folding her arms.

***

"Now, Rainbeam needs to help Sundrop believe in loving herself so she can apply for the job of Mother Nature. Can you put that in your heart?" Miss LOL asked Sarah.
Sarah smiled. "I got it."
"Okay, good. Now where's our star?" The drama teacher asked, looking around for Sunday.
"The sun drops down!" Everyone heard Sunday say, as a sand bag fell from the ceiling. "So the grasses can grow." She said, dropping another sand bag, which almost hit Olivia if she didn't catch it quick enough. Everyone then began to run off stage and Olivia realised it's not normal for someone to catch a sand bag and not express any pain. "Ouch, my hands!" She awkwardly said, trying to cover it up.
"That is why the sun drops down!" Sunday yelled, letting another sand bag fall, then another, and then another. Everyone then heard Sunday scream and a loud thud.
Ethan, Olivia, Miss LOL and Benny ran towards the girl trapped under the sandbags.
"Sunday?!"
"I'm okay..." She managed to get out.
"We need a doctor!" Ethan yelled.
"And an understudy." Erica grinned.

***

"Wait, can't vampires go all puppet master in the weak-minded?" Ethan asked Erica, who shrugged. "You could've convinced her to hurt herself."
"Glamouring is only something old and powerful vampires can do, so what did you do?" Sarah asked.
"Nothing! That Aussie punk is as mad as a snake! She freaked out on me earlier, she told me to stay out of her mirror. If I was gonna break her legs, I'd of done it then." Erica replied, truthfully.
"I think she's telling the truth." Olivia chimed in.
"I am! Now, your star has lines to learn. We open tomorrow, no time to yapper like a dil." Erica said.
The teenagers looked at her with confused faces.
"I think you're spending a little too much time as Sunday's understudy." Sarah said.
"Ah, she's apples! Now on your bike before I go agro on your baco!" Erica replied in an Australian accent before walking off.
"Okay then." Olivia laughed.