What does it mean to go beyond the box?

#BeyondtheBox is a campaign with the purpose of encouraging writers to step outside the box and to try new things in terms of their characters, plots, graphics and everything in between. Wattpad is the largest online community for readers and writers, and with 64K books being uploaded every day, #BeyondtheBox seeks to inspire writers to create something refreshing. 

You can be a part of this movement by writing a story that goes beyond the box. There are more ways of going beyond the box with your story and character ideas. If you're unsure about your story meeting our requirements,  check out our next chapter which has examples, requirements and ideas. If you're still unsure, feel free to message us, and we will get back to as soon as possible. 

If your story meets our specifications, then you can add the hashtag #BeyondtheBox to your story and our sticker (link is in our bio) to your cover. 

We will then add your story to our reading lists. 

FAQ: 

HOW DO I ADD THE STICKER TO MY COVER?
Open up an editing software. If you do not have Photoshop, you can use online editing apps such as Pixlr (pretty much a mini-Photoshop that is online), PicMonkey, etc. Open your book cover on the app and copy and paste the campaign sticker on to it. You can re-size the sticker to your liking. 

If you are still struggling with this, feel free to message us with the link to your cover and we can do it for you :) 

IF I'M UNSURE ABOUT MY BOOK MEETING THE SPECIFICATIONS, WHAT CAN I DO? 
Simply message us with a little bit about your book. Tell us why you think that the campaign works for your story. 

DOES MY STORY HAVE TO BE SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THIS CAMPAIGN? 
No. 

DOES MY STORY HAVE TO BE A SPECIFIC GENRE? 
No, your story can be of any genre. 

If you have any more questions, feel free to message us.