The bell rang and I rushed out and made my way to the locker rooms. Max came in about a minute later. He seemed happy. At least that was a good sign.

"Hey." He ruffled my hair.

"You seem happy?" I said.

"I am. Soon everything will be right in the world." He said.

He never mentioned anything about strazberry or anything so either they didn't tell him or he was purposely avoiding to topic.

At lunch I decided to text Sana and ask her if they told him since I didn't have Hayley's number.

Me: did you tell Max.

Sana: yeah. He said he would talk to you about it in Spanish since Emma and I are gonna be there. 😊be happy.

Me: why!?? Did he say he likes me??

I put my phone down and waited for her to reply. I could see her on the next table texting me. She looked up and I waved at her and Emma.

Sana: I'll let him tell you that 😉

Me: does that winky face mean he likes me

I looked up and she shrugged. She texted me Hayley's number so that I could have it if I needed to ask her anything. I decided that I would text her when she had lunch so she had a chance to actually reply.

Me: hey Hayley! It's Lucas.
Delivered

She replied after 20 minutes which was when she was at lunch.

Hayley: hey Lucian!

Me: shut up don't call me that! What did Max say.

She took a while to reply.

Hayley: I'm not supposed to tell you😕sorry. Sana's orders.😂

Me: bye 😑

Hayley: lol sorry bye.

I patiently waited for the day to pass so I could get to Spanish class.

-

I quickly went into the classroom. I was getting impatient and really nervous.

"Emma. Sana." They turned around.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Emma asked.

"I-I think so. I'm really nervous."

"You don't need to be."

Max came in soon and sat down between me and Emma. I looked down at my lap.

He might not even ask me. Sana and Hayley probably weren't telling me so that I wouldn't stress about Max not liking me. Yeah, that must be it.

"Lucas. I need to tell you something." Max whispered. He looked serious.

"Yeah." My heart was beating fast and I was feeling sweaty and nervous. This was the moment he would ask me if ever.