Chapter 41; Lost Girl

Magsimula sa umpisa

    Felix pulls his mace back, the sharp edges scraping on the captain's metal hook. Felix attempts to hit the him, but the captain uses his hook to block Felix's blows. Felix grunts as he brings his mace down, but the captain manages to catch his handle with the curve of his hook.
    "Do you remember what I did to Rufio?" Hook taunts.

    Felix growls, roused up.
    "Well, there's a far worse fate for you," the captain says, using his sword to get Felix's mace off his hook.
    Felix cries out, dropping his mace. My eyes dart to Emma as she takes down my Lost Boys one by one. I watch as she tackles Michael, a sixteen year old boy, one of the youngest boys in his group.

    Emma takes the dagger from Michael's hand and holds it against his neck threateningly.
    "Where's Henry?!" she demands. "Where is he?!"
    Michael stares at her in fear, his lower lip quivering. Despite his fear, he stays silent, knowing better than to surrender.

    Emma takes the dagger off his neck and leans back when she sees the fearful look in his eyes.
    "Emma, are you alright?" her mother asks her.
    Emma looks from her mother then back to the boy lying on the ground.
   I whistle loudly, calling the Lost Boys. All of them stop what they're doing and gather back next to me.

    "Remember what I told you," I say, walking down the hill. "That map will show you where Henry is . . . Only when you stop denying who you really are."
    Emma gets to her feet, releasing Michael from her hold.
    "I'll make sure to send Henry your regards," I say, turning around.
    Whooping, the lost boys run follow me.

****

    I use my magic to change me back to my old attire.
    Thank God that's over, I hated that outfit.
    I spot Felix sitting alone, not tending to his wounds like the other Lost Boys.
    He looks up as I approach him. "You alright?"
    "I'm fine," he replies monotonously.
    "I know you're not," I press.
    Felix turns around to face me, knowing that I won't drop the subject.

    "I heard what Hook said earlier," I tell him.
    "It's nothing," Felix insists me. "I just wasn't thinking straight."
    "Don't lie to me," I say, softening my tone. "I can read you like an open book, remember?"
    Felix shakes his head. "I just- I just can't help but think that it was my fault that Rufio died that day. I was the one who volunteered to help you find Hook."

    "It wasn't your fault," I say. "Rufio wanted to join you in search for that git. Don't listen to that bastard, he's just trying to get under your skin."
    "Well, he's doing a damn good job at that," Felix says.
    "Felix—"
    "Rufio was the only other person, besides you, who I loved that was still alive," Felix interrupts. "And I was the person who got him killed."

    I grab him by the shoulders. "Look at me," I command. "Listen to me, Rufio's death wasn't your fault. It was Hook's. Hook was the one who killed him that day. Not you. You didn't kill him, Hook did."
    Felix nods. And that's enough to let me know that he's gotten my message.
    "Good." I nod. "Now come on, let me help you with your wounds."

****

    I teleport myself to where Emma, hiding in the shadows as I watch her picks wildnberries from the bushes before placing them in a bowl.
    "Don't eat the blue ones," I say, walking up to her.
    She jerks her head back in alarm at the sound of my voice.
    "Congratulations," I quip. "You did it, orphan. You don't mind if I call you a Lost Girl now, do you?"

    "Call me what you like," she replies, turning her back on me. "It won't stop me from finding Henry."
    I chuckle, walking around her. "Oh, I'm counting on that. There's a reason why I tested you."
    "Really?" she replies, uninterested.
    "You haven't forgiven your parents for abandoning you," I say. "Don't deny it. You haven't. That's good. Really good. 'Cause when you find Henry you'll understand him."

    Emma stands up, turning to face me. "What's that supposed to mean?"
    "He hasn't forgiven you, either," I say. "By the time you get to him, he'll never want to leave this island."
    "We'll see," Emma replies, turning to leave.
    "And as for you, Emma, when we're finished you won't just feel like an orphan," I say. "You'll be one."

-

Hey, guys, sorry about that mess earlier. If you don't know/understand what I'm talking about, I'll just tell you. I accidentally skipped a chapter. Yeah, I accidentally wrote the wrong one so I got confused and published it. Well, at least you guys get two chapters in one day so if you think about it, it isn't really a bad thing.

Well, that's all for this A/N bye, guys!

~ Alice xx

-

What did you think of this style of edits? Do prefer this type of aesthetic edits or text post edits (the ones that I usually make)?

-

Vote, comment, rate, do whatever you want <3

-

Edited: 4.04.2018