If I was single, I would totally go for him. Dang werewolf genes.

He grinned. “The name’s Scott Dream. You must be Delilah, right?”

Yep, that name definitely rings a bell.

“Yeah,” I stepped forward and held my hand out. He shook it. “It’s nice to meet the voice that taunts my boyfriend.”

He chuckled. “It’s always fun.”

Matt huffed. “Just because it’s fun—”

“How can you be with him?” Scott rolled his eyes. “I understand he’s your mate, but drop him while he’s hot and come after a real man.”

“That real man being you?” I grinned.

Matt wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me protectively into his side. “Better watch it, Scott.”

He waved him off and walked into the kitchen. I took that opportunity to look around the condo. The maple wood floors shined—you would never think two werewolf boys lived here. The black leather couches sat in front of a seventy inch flat screen TV mantled on the wall. The walls were a deep red colour that accented the room. However, there were no pictures on the walls and it smelled like dirty gym socks.

I held my nose and made a face while I walked into the kitchen. “What is that smell?”

Scott inhaled deeply and grinned. “That is the smell of true men.”

“Ew! Do you even wash your hockey equipment?”

Matt rolled his eyes. “I do, but he doesn’t. It always smells and makes my nose burn.”

“It doesn’t even smell that bad, Matt. You’re overreacting.” Scott rolled his eyes and he lit up a cigarette.

Matt waved the pack over and lit one up too.

“You smoke?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

He rested his arm on the counter and his tattoo showed through his tight white T-shirt.

He nodded as he took another drag, blowing out the thick white smoke. “It’s a nasty habit that I started after you left. It kind of helped me through the stress.”

Scott didn’t even question our conversation as he rested his butt on the counter behind him. I took another look at him. I couldn’t place name and face together. Then it clicked.

“You’re Scott from grade nine?” I gasped.

He smiled. “Took you long enough to remember.”

My jaw dropped. No way was he the awkward, shy kid from freshmen year. In high school, Scott had buck teeth, glasses and his head was too big for his body. He used to be scrawny and short.

Not anymore. This Scott was confident, had perfect white teeth, and no glasses. Hell, even his body was better than before. Scott was tall and muscular with tattoos. Thank you, Puberty!

Matt and Scott let out a bellowing laugh. “Did you see her face?!”

I felt my cheeks turn hot. “Puberty,” I said slowly, “did you well, sir.”

Matt grabbed my face and squished my cheeks together. He pecked my lips gently. “You’re so cute, babe.”

I huffed when he let my cheeks go. “I would personally prefer hot, beautiful or sexy. Not cute.”

I let out a yawn.

Matt fidgeted in his seat. I glanced down at his wrist and saw a white bandage around it. I grabbed it and looked up at him.

“What did you do?”

He smiled weakly and pulled back the bandage. On his wrist was my name written in hand writing with a small heart key above it. I gasped.

“I was thinking,” Matt cleared his throat, “we could get matching tattoos. It’s really cheesy, but I thought you could get one.”

Truth be told, I did want a tattoo. I really wanted one bad. The opportunity never arose and now seemed like the perfect chance.

“On your wrist, like mine.” Matt continued. “But instead of having a key, you could have the heart lock. Kind of saying that I have the key to your heart and I’m the only one that can open it.”

I smiled. “Sounds like a plan.”

*  *  *

The next week, Matt and I left the tattoo parlour feeling great. I finally got a tattoo and it didn’t hurt that bad. It felt like scratching a really bad sunburn. Matt beamed after he looked at the finished product and I was glad I made him happy.

His tattoo had the bandage off and it started scabbing. It was truly a gorgeous tattoo and I was so happy he got a tattoo with my name. It added that extra sense of “she’s mine” and “he’s mine.”  

The first night I arrived, had been an amazing reunion. With Matt and I finally fully mated, we felt the bond stronger and were inseparable. But today, I had to go back home.

Matt drove me to the airport and walked to my gate with me. I stood in front of him with my luggage in hand and pouted. I didn’t want to leave him, but it was almost October and his season was starting soon. He would be in extra-long practices and would be tuckered out when he would come home. It would be best if I went back home.

He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes as if he could read my mind. I bit my lip and stared back at him.

“I’m going to miss you so much, baby. When the season starts are you going to come back?” He bit his lip.

I nodded and leaned up on my tip toes to kiss him. It was a long, passionate kiss. We didn’t end it until we heard my flight being called.

“Flight 126 for Manhattan is now boarding.” A bored voice said over the intercom.

We both sighed at the same time.

Matt pulled me in for a soul crushing hug and kissed my head. “I’ll miss you. I’ll call you every night, okay?”

I nodded and sniffed, fighting back tears. This probably would’ve happened the first time Matt left, but considering I was passed out when he left, I didn’t cry.

“I love you,” he said softly.

“Forever and always,”