Fixing The Scatter {9}

Start from the beginning

"I didn't sleep last night and my mom decided to greet me with a morning bitch session," I said.

"Rough, dude. You can head to my house afterschool. I'll tell Asher to keep his friends away from you," he said.

I gave a dark grin. "Let Will Duvet come after me. I need to hit something right now."

Nate watched me nervously. "Jude, come on, you're being reckless again. This is how you got yourself into trouble in the first place. You need to calm down."

I raked a hand through my hair, knowing he was right. I took a deep breath and forced my mind into gear. Plan. Just keep scheming things. Keep my mind constantly working.

"Hey guys." Landon stepped up to us. "You okay, Jude? You don't look so great."

"I always look great," I said. "Let's go to class already." I was anxious for lunch. Anxious for a chance to release all of this frustration.

So the three of us went off to class. Lunch came painfully slow, and I was starving by the time we got to the cafeteria.

"Shit," I said as we entered the cafeteria.

"What?" Nate asked.

I let out an annoyed sigh. "I forgot my lunch. My mother was so busy being a prick that I left the house without going back into the kitchen."

"Buy a lunch. Or have some of mine," he said, shrugging.

"Later. That just sunk my mood even more. Let's get Landon and go find Staz," I said, moving towards the table.

I grabbed Landon's arm and yanked him up. He let out a sigh and followed after us as we went out to the hallway.

"You could've just said 'Come on Landon'," he informed me.

"Jude is aggressive," Nate reminded. "Quit being a baby."

Landon punched him. "Shut up."

Nate shoved him away, grumbling out cuss words and rubbing his arm. "You punched me with your ring, idiot!"

Landon grinned. "Wasn't an accident."

Landon wore his father's class ring. His dad had gifted it to Landon after wearing it for years for some cheesy reason about that being the year he fell in love with Landon's mom or something. Landon always wore it now, and Ethan had the scar under his eye to prove it. That thing could hurt if Landon hit you hard enough with it.

"What would your dad say if he knew you were using that beat the shit out of people?" Nate said, jumping away as Landon went to hit him again.

"He'd probably put it on and deck me with it," Landon said, shrugging. "He got it as a senior to remember the year he fell in love with my mom."

See? Lame ass cheesy reason.

"That's so lame," I said, pushing open the door to the art wing and leading them in.

"Hey, with the way marriages are falling apart left and right nowadays, I'm not complaining that my folks have been together since their senior year of high school," Landon said.