CHAPTER 4 Hisako

Start from the beginning

"You fool!"
Erika screamed rushing towards him but Leorio was already attacking.

Hisoka  swiftly and easily avoided his attacks, then he landed a punch on Leorio's face.

Erika could only stand there as he got hit. She felt very strange and unusual.

Concern.

She was changing and she knew it. But now wasn't then time to question it.

Erika ran over to Leorio's unconscious body with multiple forming bruises.

Footsteps came into hearing and she whipped her head around to see Gon. At the sight he paused for a moment before charging at Hisoka, fist ready.

She quickly grabbed Leorio's limp arms and headed towards the trees.

Dragging him, Erika spotted Kurapika his eyes were changing.

She dropped Leorio into Kurapika's arms and directed them to the end where everyone else was.

When she turned around to confront Hisako, he had vanished. Gon had also disappeared.

Dammit!

Erika lingered there for a little moment, about 5-7 minutes, before trudging past the circle of dead men to the Second Exam.

The fog had thickened as Erika continued inching her way to what she thought was the Second Exam site.

Soaking in all her surroundings, her eyes darted everywhere at every single movement, may it be a branch in the wind, a shadow in the fog, or a swaying bush.

Her mind was still lingered with that very unusual feeling that made her worried. She didn't even know why. It's not like she cared... right?

Erika put her right hand on her forehead allowing herself to be distracted for a few moments to think.

Walking a bit further, she could see a shadowy silhouette. Step by step the figure began to gain shape.

The tall, familiar stature came into view and the peculiar fiery hair that belonged to one person.

"Hisako."

The 28 year-old psycho magician stared down at her. His eyes narrowed like a cat. His smile so sinister it could kill a man.

"You know, that boy showed lots of potential."
He said, licking his lips.

"Hisoka you bastard. Why are you even here?"

"Why does it matter?"
His eyes narrowing and his smile widening.

"It's none of your concern and it doesn't involve you so you wouldn't need to give a damn."
He continued.

She clenched and unclenched her firsts, the simmering anger boiling inside.

Hisoka's smile only broadened.

"You know, I would've loved if you had been my opponent."
He beamed. This was a game of cat and mouse.

"I wouldn't want to fight, you."

Erika's cold, intense gaze could've made a man freeze.

She looked behind him to the path ahead. Slowly, she avoided his figure and walked away.

"They both have potential so I won't kill them, for now."

She didn't know why she cared or worried. And even though she had these feeling she still said it.

"I don't care about what you do with them. I'm a spider, with poor people stuck in my webs."

He mumbled something she couldn't hear. Probably mockery.

Putting one foot in front of the other she went forward. On and on until she couldn't feel or sense Hisoka anymore.

She wanted him gone, away. She hated him so much and his gosh darn logic. Sometimes it even made sense.

Erika thought back to what she said.

'I'm a spider-'

Suddenly the spidered tattoo on the back of her neck tingled as if excited about the sudden acknowledgement.

Somehow it felt off. As if in a horror movie where things turn out to be good then everything goes south, downhill, utterly wrong.

Hell, I'm probably just psycho. I know the feeling is wrong. I mean how can things go wrong? People discover I'm aquatinted somehow with Hisoka? Even if they did I wouldn't care. Neither would I care if someone (Author: cough cough) knew I was a spider.

The fog had cleared into a thin layer of cloudy substance. The fresh air helped sooth Erika's jumbled brain.

The fire inside her rekindled into the burning, purple flame it always was.

She would pass, move on, and forget everything that happened and go back to being with the Phantom Troupe. They would murder and steal like usual. And she would gain a Hunters Licensee.

Exhaling deeply, Erika finally emerged into a clearing with many people. Gon was with Leorio and Kurapika greeted her with a concerned yet relieved smile.

There was a massive wall and gate in front of her. She touched the back of her neck where the twelve legged spider was tattooed.

The tingle was getting a bit irritating. Nothing was wrong it was just Kurapika.

Groaning, she leaned against a tree waiting for instructions.

Everything is fine. She assured herself.
Just pass the exam.

I HOPE THERE ARENT ANY MISTAKES 😥

I HOPE YOU ENJOY!