TAKING EDUCATION TO THE SUBURBS: AN INITIATIVE BY ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY

With the aim to take literacy to the rural regions of India, Alliance University is all set to adopt the Institutions of Higher Learning in the rural areas of the district of Kolar and Haveri, as allotted by the Government of Karnataka

With the aim to take literacy to the rural regions of India, Alliance University is all set to adopt the Institutions of Higher Learning in the rural areas of the district of Kolar and Haveri, as allotted by the Government of Karnataka. The University has planned to develop the curriculum, teaching pedagogy as well as to organize training programs for the faculty members of these institutions.

Alliance will conduct collaborative research programs, training programs for faculty, and joint conferences, among other programs. The sole motive behind this initiative is to raise the standard of education in the colleges of these two districts.

The University has signed up an MOU that states the above mentioned motive. The state universities of these two districts of Kolar and Haveri of Karnataka are to co-ordinate this initiative with Alliance.

The University, in its endeavor to contribute to its community at large, is also aggressively looking at the local primary schools in the Anekal taluk, Bangalore. The Corporate Social Responsibility division of Alliance is continuously seeking requirements of these local schools and is providing them with school bags, stationary kits, events and science exhibitions at the University campus.

Corporate Social Responsibility at Alliance University has evolved to include the participation of all stakeholders, which comprises its students, faculty, non-government organizations (NGOs), and the local community. Over the years the students and faculty at the University have actively participated in outreach program initiatives where they contribute their knowledge, skills, and technical expertise to the community. At the same time, the University also has supported the program activities of several NGOs operating in the community.

As the students of Alliance University have always been a part and parcel of their initiatives, they have been making regular visits to these schools to share experiences, peer learning projects, and basic computer education to contribute their bit for the development of the community they are thriving in.