Chat Needs Some Peanut Butter for his Jelly

(A/N: seriously though. With all the jelly coming up in this one-shot, Chat could make a jelly sandwich)

Also, if you don't enjoy the oneshot, it's fine if you don't vote. however, if you read it and enjoy it, please vote. it helps me know that you like the content so i keep creating more works.

Third Person's POV

The whole class filed out the door with excited murmurs. The spring dance was at the end of the week. Which was tomorrow. Tomorrow afternoon.

As the class exited the room, Adrien stuck his self in the seat and continued (in vain) to try and write a love letter to his Lady. Adrien crumpled up the failed attempt and was sliding a new fresh sheet of paper from his bag when he felt a weak tap on his shoulder. Adrien turned around, and he was met with the sight of his friend, Marinette.

"Hi, A-Adrien," Marinette started shakily. "Hello, Marinette," Adrien returned politely. "How are you?" A faint pink dusted Marinette's cheeks as she smiled sheepishly. "Well, um, great I'm doing- I mean I'm doing great! I uh, wanted to something ask you. I mean ask you something! Oh God," Marinette fumbled, smacking her forehead. Adrien smiled; Marinette was adorable sometimes. "Sure, Marinette, ask away," Adrien prompted. Marinette took a deep, shaky breath. She was gonna tell him.

"Okay, so I... I've liked you for uhm... a while, and uh... I just wanted to know if... You wanted to be my date for the dance...?" Marinette asked nervously. Adrien grimaced. "Marinette, I... I don't really see you that way." Marinette's nervous smile was replaced with a small frown. A few hot tears bubbled in her eyes.

"Oh," Marinette acknowledged glumly. "That's... that's okay. I'll just, um... I'll just go." A knot formed in Adrien's stomach as he watched Marinette sulk away. I didn't mean to hurt her! Adrien thought angrily to himself. Great job, Adrien, breaking Marinette's heart.

Adrien started to pack up his things. He headed out the door and into the courtyard, keeping his head down in shame. And then he heard a bubble of sweet laughter. The sweetest, most innocent laugh Adrien had ever heard. It warmed his heart hearing that laugh. Adrien turned his head to the area the laugh came from, and his heart sank.

It was Marinette. And she was with... Nathaneal.

Marinette was bubbling with giggles as she and Nathaneal talked and joked. Adrien slid behind a pillar and poked his head out, trying to listen to their conversation.

"Wow, Marinette," Nathaneal complimented, flipping through Marinette's design book. "You really are talented." Marinette blushed and turned away, taking back her designs book from the artist boy. "It's nothing, really," she murmured, her cheeks growing hot red. Nathaneal smiled, and Adrien grunted.

"So, Marinette," Nathaneal prompted, fidgeting nervously. "Would... Would you like to be my date for the dance?" Marinette squealed excitedly and did a little dance. A cute, adorable little jig that made Adrien want to dance with her. Nathaneal coughed politely into his fist and grinned. "So I take that as a yes?" Marinette smiled, blushing, as Nathaneal took her hand an kissed it.

"I'll pick you up at 7:30, alright, Mari?" Nathaneal called running out the front doors of the school. Marinette sighed dreamily and silently squealed to herself. Maybe I can't go with Adrien, she thought to herself. But I can go with someone just as sweet.

-*-

Adrien sat glumly on his bed, staring at a class photo on his wall. Everyone was dressed nice for the picture, but only Marinette was the same. Well, almost. The only thing that changed about her was her hair style. It was done up in a cute little bun sitting on her head. She looked adorable.