1 ~ Adele

HEY GUYS! So you might know me from Break Me || Harry Potter, but this is a new orginal that I'm writing. If you haven't read Break Me and your into Harry Potter, you can always check it out through my profile. I hope you guys like this story!

When the bell rang for the last period of classes, I was the first out the door of the History classroom, despite Mr. Florez's protests to stay. I stuffed my binders in my leather bag and swung it over my shoulder as I stood. The others filtered out the door as well, but I was already sprinting to my locker. My boots thudded on the cool ground.

    "What's the hurry Ms. Bridgeman?" A cool voice called. I huffed as I unlocked my locker, stuffing my binders inside and slamming it shut before I turned. Ms. Terver – the school head - stood with her tight bun and scowl in front of me, but I wasn't afraid of her.

    "Show tonight. Can't be late," I said with a smirk, then spun to walk away. Terver called after me, but I made a show of plugging my ears and dancing back and forth. She then screamed something at me, but I spun and saluted, earning me a death glare. I then dove into the swarm of kids filing out of classrooms.

    "Jess?" I called through the mess of high school students as I shuffled past them. My best friend was nowhere to be found. As I passed the other kids, multiple students came up to tell me they were going to my show, or they wished me good luck. I grinned and thanked them.

    "Jess Walker?" I called, starting to get annoyed. My blonde haired friend had a nasty habit of being oblivious to my calls. I reached her locker and unlocked it, checking to see if her stuff was still there.

    "I thought I told you not to check my locker Adele," A voice said over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and turned around, punching Jess in the shoulder. "OW! Jesus, take a chill pill pyro!" She exclaimed, punching me back. I raised an eyebrow, stepping back so she could unload her binders and books.

    "C'mon, we gotta find Damian and Carter then we can go. You guys are coming over before the show." I said, helping Jess pack her backpack. Unlike me, Jess cared about school so she insisted on actually doing the homework we had assigned over the weekend. Me? No way, not when I had a show tonight and two more this weekend. Ain't got no time for school.

    "You ready for tonight?" Jess asked me as we made our way through the halls of our school, dodging tiny freshmen and waving hi so some more fellow seniors.

"Yeah, duh. But we gotta find my dear twin," I said, shrugging. Jess's grey-flecked blue eyes were filled with excitement. I picked up my pace; anxious to meet the others at the bar we were playing at. Yes, I play in a band. Keep up.

    "Holy, slow down, what's your problem?" Jess asked panting as she tried to catch up with me. My strong but nimble body was weaving through the waves of students, my eyes darting this way and that.

    "Hmm... Nothing. Just excited," I said over my shoulder, and then jumped out of the way of a kid running past us. Jess craned her neck to look over the crowds of kids then pointed to a certain mop of similar brown hair talking to our other friend Carter. My twin. "There he is, that little twerp, finally," I said, walking over.

    "Do you need me to grab your car?" Jess asked, but I shook my head.

    "Nah, we can all walk together. Damian! Damian! Jesus can no one hear today?" I huffed as I pushed my way to my twin. Damian remained oblivious to my callings. It wasn't until I smacked him on the back of the head that he turned around.

    "Ow! Damn Adele calm down!" He said rubbing the back of his head. I shook my head at my brother, noting how similar we looked. We were supposed to be fraternal twins, but we came out looking more like each other than our own reflections. We both had a mop of thick brown hair, highlighted here and there with streaks of gold, and our faces were almost identical. We both had the same almond shaped eyes, our irises both the same gold-flecked chocolate color. Both of us were fit and strong, but with my history with Karate and Damian's history as forward on the varsity soccer team for four years straight, that was predictable. The only difference between us was the fact that I had died the ends of my hair so they were light red.