light

"It was so weird, you know, how a star could suddenly disappear," Mr Park Chanyeol questioned on the news that shook the whole world yesterday as he made his way to his table.

"What about a disappearing star?" Jongin asked.

"Apparently yesterday NASA was doing their usual research and stuff and this star called the Sirius just disappeared, poof, gone, not a sign of explosion or anything, and the fact that this star is like the brightest star that can be seen on Earth makes it more weird, how can such a visible star disappear unnoticed?" Mr Park explained, playing with his glasses.

Baekhyun's feet shook with anxiety, it was visible for Sehun to see as Sehun was behind him. Baekhyun's hands couldn't keep still, too. He was playing around with his pencils, twisting it, circling it, tossing it occasionally. Something was bothering him but Sehun didn't know what was.

••••••••••

"Hey talk to me, why are you ignoring me, hey, ya!" Sehun snatched Baekhyun's left wrist and pulled him close so their eyes would make contact. Baekhyun looked down to his feet again, like he did in class 2 hours ago.

"Why are you so mysterious?" Sehun frowned at the male. Baekhyun looked up with a blank face, shrugged, and turned around towards the cafeteria.

"Why won't you answer me, fucking hell, are you deaf?" Sehun yelled from the end of the hallway.

Baekhyun sighed and turned around once again.

"I can hear you, but I already know what you want to ask, and I do not want to answer it, please do not talk to me, I am not allowed to talk, he would not let me talk to other people except for one, he will be angry if I talk to the wrong human being,"

"A terrible incident might happen, I do not want that incident to happen or else I would not have a chance," Baekhyun said as he approached the confused Korean.

Question marks were tattooed on Sehun's forehead.

"My name is Byun Baekhyun, I am here to discover something and I am only given one chance,"

"I shall go now, thank you fellow classmate for approaching me," Baekhyun added, a smirk planted on his lips before he went, walking away from Sehun.

••••••••••

Baekhyun was seen sitting at the cafeteria alone, munching on nothing but carrots, but he seemed delighted.

As Sehun eyed him from a far, he found Baekhyun extraordinary. He seemed so fragile, so soft. The sudden argument they had in the hallway left Sehun speechless. No one has ever dared to interfere with what Sehun wants, but this male from out of nowhere did, and Sehun was attracted with his act of calm confidence.

Usually by this time, the new students would already be the ones crawling on Sehun's feet, because of his outer features and amazing structure, but Baekhyun was not one of those who did.

Sehun took slow steps from his 'popular kid' table, carefully carrying his food tray, towards the end of the cafeteria where Baekhyun was still examining his carrot sticks while praying that his fondness over this guy was unnoticed, that would ruin his reputation.

"Hey, sorry about the, um, hallway thing, I was just pretty curious, can we start over? Hi, I'm Oh Sehun, call me whatever you want," Sehun smiled and flickered his eyes, making Baekhyun chuckle.

"Hi, Whatever You Want, I am also very sorry for showing you my rude side as I am new to all of this," Baekhyun said, this time making Sehun chuckle.

"To all what?" Sehun replied.

Baekhyun gave a glare and looked down to his plate.

Sehun bit his bottom lip thinking that he probably went too far.

"Nothing," Baekhyun just replied with a smile carved on his face, his hand made its way to the peas at the side of Sehun's plate.

"So," Sehun cleared his throat, eyeing the boy who seemed curious with his peas, "where are you from?"

A pause.

"Sometimes the Southern sky, but I came here from the North yesterday," Baekhyun replied with a mouth full of carrots.

Sehun giggled at the reply, which made Baekhyun blush, and that drove him crazy.

"What are you here for? Are you like, an exhange student, or did you like, move here?" Sehun furthered his question.

"He told me someone would say this," Baekhyun stopped eating and faced Sehun, eyes filled with worried wonder. He collected his tray of leftover food and stood up.

"Wait who told you what?" another shot of question by Sehun.

"He did, he told me that a fellow human being will tell me exactly what you told me just now. He told me to come here and discover the real truth by myself, since I would not believe him, and I guess you are it, Oh Sehun, you are my phase 1,"

"Excuse me for I must go," Baekhyun finished his explanation, and went, leaving Sehun with 200 pages of unexplained questions all by himself.

••••••••••

The next day Baekhyun was a brand new. His hair combed to the back and colored with light streaks of silver, complementing his already perfect dark brown hair.

When he saw the familiar tall figure approaching him, he stood up and gave him the warmest smile.

"I like your hair," Sehun sat at a seat beside Baekhyun.

"Thank you," Baekhyun faced him.

The rest of the Literature class was filled with flirty gestures and glares, sometimes smiling at each other or breaking into little giggles.

As soon as class was over, Sehun tapped Baekhyun on the shoulder,

"Hey, movie tonight?"

Baekhyun smiled again, and nodded.