Ice Cream

I sat in the library reading a book. Someone walked up behind me and covered my eyes. I panicked and squirmed under my captor. I reached up and felt a familiar face. "Kaito, what are you doing? Don't you have band practice?" I asked as he made his way to sit across from me. "Yeah but I managed to slip away. Plus I wanted to see you." His face lit up as he stood up all of a sudden and said, "Do you want to get ice cream with me?" "Sure.. why- why not?" I say nervously. "Great. I'll be waiting outside." He walked out the door smiling.

     I went to the librarian desk and check out the book I wanted. After that I went outside to find Kaito waiting for me by the fountain in the middle of the parking lot. I didn't see his car so I guess we were walking. He pried the book from my grasp and looked at the tittle. "Looks interesting," he said handing it back to me.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," I scolded and put the book into my bag. As we walked past the park I spotted a baby bird at the bottom of a tree. I hurried over to him and picked him up. He felt so fragile in my hands. Kairi walked over and looked into my hands. He looked suprised. "What are you gonna do with that?" "He is not a 'that'," I stayed. "Whatever," he said playing with his scarf. I looked up the tree and spotted a nest. "Hey Kaito. Give me a boost," I instructed. As Kaito lifted me up I saw that the little bird had siblings. "Just cute," I heard someone say, "the couple is trying to help the little birdy. That should be us but no~o..." The voice drowned out. That statment left me blushing furiously. After I got the bird back into the nest we started walking to the ice cream shop again.

     I noticed that Kaito wasn't talking and avoided my gaze. I wondered what was wrong. "Kaito, are you okay?" I asked not knowing what else to do. "Yeah, just thinking." "About?" "What that lady said," he says finally looking at me. I quickly looked away and avoided his gaze.

     To avoid making things akward I slipped my arm into his. This was something he and I did as children and it always made me feel safe. He started humming a song of his. I smiled and hummed along with him. I Looked up towards the sky to see dark clouds. It started to sprinkle. My nose twitched as a raindrop fell on my nose. I didn't think anyone saw that but Kaito ended up chuckling. I glared at him but ended up laughing in the end. I leaned against him and continued walking. We finally made it to the ice cream shop before it started pouring. I went to take a seat by the window and waited for Kaito to get the ice creams. He soon came back with two (favorite/favor) ice cream cones.

We ate in silence and I ended up getting ice cream on my nose. Embarrassed, I quickly wiped it off. Kaito sat there thoughtfully. "Is everything okay, Kaito?" I asked. "Yeah, just remembering things," was all he said. "Can I ask what that is?" I say putting my hand on his. He didn't mind since he was your childhood friend.
"I just remembered we have a gig this weekend. Will you be there?" he asked giving you a hopeful look. "Of course. When have I ever missed one of you gigs." I say smiling. He smiled back and ate his ice cream. He was so cute when he ate. His cheeks full of ice cream and his eyes full of energy, excitement, and pleasure.

He looked up at me and asked, "Can I ask you a question?" Oh no that. I hate it when that happens.

"Sure," I reply scooping another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" He said it so fast I almost didn't understand. I chuckled. Did he just say that....?

"Aren't we already on a date?" I say nervously.

"No I mean... will you be my girlfriend?" He said with a serious face on. I felt the heat rise up into my face and my eyes widened. I stammered trying to talk and respond that I just gave up and slamed my head on the table startling Kaito. If I wasn't in this kind of situation I would've laughed.

"So is that a no...?" He says with a frown.

"NO!" I practically yell, "I mean no. I mean yes.... No... I mean.... ugh." I take a deep breath than give him my answer. "It is not a no. I'm flattered and my answer is.... yes." He smiled ear to ear and the smile reached his eyes. He jumped up and hugged me out of nowhere. I smiled and hugged him back and we left the ice cream shop as a happy couple.

AUTHORS NOTE
This is dedicated to my best friend and twin yuki_Chaaaaan_. Love you!!

Hello fellow wattpaders I just decided to update more to this one shot and killed it. Haha well I didn't kill it but still I have you more to read. Hopefully I'll add more in the future. Till next time. Bye bye~