Proposal

Kai released one of her hands and she looked up again to see him reaching into his pocket - the same that held wolf's and scarlet's wedding rings before. His fist was closed when he pulled it out and Kai held it towards her, released a slow breath, and opened his fingers to reveal a stunning ring with a large ruby ringed in diamonds.

It didn't take long for her retina scanner to measure the ring, and within seconds it was filling her in on far more information than she needed-inane words like carats and clarity  scrolled past her vision

It didn't take long for her retina scanner to measure the ring, and within seconds it was filling her in on far more information than she needed-inane words like carats and clarity scrolled past her vision. But it was the ring's history that snagged her attention. It had been his mother's engagement ring once, and his grandmother's before that.
Kai took her hand and slipped the ring onto her finger. Metal clinked against metal, and the priceless gem looked as ridiculous against her cyborg plating as the simple gold band had looked on wolf's enormous, deformed, slightly hairy hand. Cinder pressed her lips together and swallowed, hard, before daring to meet Kai's gaze again.
"Cinder," he said, "will you marry me?"
Absurd, she thought. The emperor of eastern commonwealth was proposing to her. It was uncanny. It was hysterical.
But it was Kai, and somehow, that also made it exactly right.
"Yes," she whispered, "I will marry you."
Those simple words hung between them for a breath, and then she grinned and kissed him, amazed that her declaration didn't bring the surge of anxiety she would have expected years ago. He drew her into his arms, laughing between kisses, and she suddenly started to laugh too. She felt strangely delirious.
They had stood against all adversity to be together, and now they would forge their own path to love. She would be Kai's wife. She would be the commonwealth's empress. And she had every intention of being blissfully happy for ever, ever after.
That's the end of stars above, as we all know, and I think it's enough for the coming chapter. The real story starts from the next chapter, so stay tuned! I'll update as soon as possible! Thanks!