Introduction

"Claire?"

She turned to him expectantly, and reaching out, David caught her chin between his thumb and forefinger and leaned over to kiss her. She tasted so much sweeter than the wine, and her skin was as smooth as velvet beneath his finger tips. David's spirits rose as he felt her lips soften beneath his, but he allowed himself only a brief moment before he drew back. He'd hoped he would be able to read her thoughts when he looked into her eyes, but all he could see was his own reflection.

"You frighten me," she said, feigning calm.
There was only the breathlessness in her words to give her away.

"Isn't the handsome face it once was," David admitted.

"It's not that at all. But you strike me as a man with many secrets, Mr. Scott."

"David," he corrected. "And I wish to have no secrets from you. . . ."

**********

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This story "The Jade's Secret Garden " is copyrighted under the copyright © 2016. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work, and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

******
Hello guys! Thank you for checking my book!
I do hope you'll give it a shot, this is my first book and who knows? Maybe you'll enjoy it....
Thanks! :)

©prettyeyes1235

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

Vote

Comments

Share