Lizzie looked at her hesitant twin, she was the only one who wasn't on board with their plan, "Come on, Jo. You're ruining an epic moment here. We need you to get on board"

"No, no, this isn't what we talked about," Josie told her sister. She picked up a marker and whiteboard from the bench beside them and scribbled something down, "I'm calling an audible of my own," Once she finished, the Saltzman girl turned the whiteboard around, the word 'lose' written on it.

The Stallions groaned, "Seriously?"

"I'm dead serious, and you should be too. We can't risk exposing ourselves" The brunette siphoner sighed, facing her sister again, "Dad told us to lose today for a reason. He built this school for supernaturals like us. So if we win by flaunting all the things that make us different, we're gonna lose a lot more than a stupid game. We'll lose everything. You really want Dad to stop loving us? Keep it up. And if you don't, lose"

Lizzie rolled her eyes and took the whiteboard from her sister, tossing it aside. She was conflicted. She wanted to do what her father asked but it would feel so good to win for once, "She's right, Lizzie," Mg spoke, "We gotta lose the game"

"Wait, but you just said—"

"Or door number three," Penelope spoke up and the teens all faced her, no one except for the Aquilo boy had acknowledged that she was there.

Josie glanced back at her ex, "We didn't ask for your opinion. How on earth do you always do that? It's like she appears out of smoke"

"Hold up, hold up," Kaleb interrupted, curious as to what the Park girl had to say, "What's door number three?"

"You win without any of your supernatural special sauce," Penelope told them, "Fair and square"

"But we're legitimately terrible" Josie argued.

"No, we used to be terrible but a lot of the guys are new this year. We might have a chance" After spending a few moments hesitating, the pale blonde Saltzman girl nodded, she seemed to be intrigued by her idea. Lizzie addressed Penelope, "Good idea, Satan. But to be clear, you can't have my immortal soul"

Penelope smugly blew the blonde a kiss, which did nothing to dampen Josie's need to lose the game as the twins had promised their dad, "Fair and square," Lizzie faced the rest of the team, all game for the plan and her sister seemed to be the only one who wasn't on board, "Let's do this"

Adrian sighed, glancing over at the Park witch beside him before he slung an arm around her shoulders as the Stallions left the bleachers, "You enjoy hurting her don't you?"

After coming together and talking, the Stallions decided to give it their all without the use of their supernatural abilities. The score was now forty-two — forty-eight, with the Timberwolves in the lead. Lizzie has just gathered the team on the sidelines for one last huddle before they would take the win and go home.

The pale blonde quarterback looked at her team, "Okay, guys. Last play of the game. It's Hail Mary time. Everyone but Josie go long"

Josie frowned in confusion, "Wait, what do I do?"

┏━━━━━━━━┓
YOU'RE THE REASON
WE'RE LOSING
┗━━━━━━━━┛