Lesson 8: Never Help Your Ex

Start from the beginning

       Why?

       He had no clue. Was she trying to prove to Logan that she wasn’t a goody, goody? Was she trying to show that she’s better off with him– that she moved on? But whatever she was trying to do, it fueled his anger. He thought that breaking up with Michelle was going to be walk in the park. Perhaps, get a little begging from her to take her back. He didn’t expect breaking up with her would give the Mickey Varsity full access to snatch her away.

       Logan’s eyes, glued to the couple, followed their movements. He noticed Michelle’s eyes flickering over to him. Something flashed in those waves of blue then disappeared as she looked away, a light pink tint appearing on her cheeks. Deciphering people’s eyes were one of Logan’s many specialties.

       His lips lifted into a cynical smile as he stared at the backs of the newfound couple.

       Michelle wasn’t over him.

       “Hey, Logan!” his best friend suddenly snapped and a hand slapped him across the face.

       “Ouch,” Logan muttered, rubbing his cheek. His eyes landed on his best friend, Joey DeRuals, before noticing that everyone that were once surrounding him were now gone. “What?”

       Joey DeRuals was the closest and bestest guy friend Logan could’ve ever asked for. He’s been there for Logan through the hardest times, always gave the craziest ideas, and knew almost everything about him. Not forgetting that he’s also as handsome as Logan. Beautiful, natural tanned skin that never got burnt whenever in the sunlight. Pale blue eyes contrasting from the skin tone. And not forgetting the bushy, black hair that every girl wished to run their fingers through. His body was more toned than Logan’s from being on the school’s soccer team as star player.

       “You were watching Michelle and Mickey with such a cynical, crazy look,” Joey stated, crossing his arms over his chest. “Wanna tell me why?”

       “She’s not over me, man.”

       “Who; Michelle?”

       “Who else?” Logan snapped, narrowing his gray eyes at his friend. “Of course, Michelle!”

       Joey’s pale blue eyes flickered over to where the couple just headed then back to Logan. “She’s with Mickey. I think she is over you.” Then his face dropped suddenly as he recalled something. “Oh, wait! You gotta be right. Who knows Michelle better than Tami ever could?”

       “Me.”

       He shook his head, chuckling. “Sorry for doubting, man.”

       “Whatever,” Logan grumbled, looking back at the ghost of the couple walking away. “I can’t believe I didn’t think anything was off about Michelle’s newfound relationship with the Mickey Varsity sooner. Knowing Michelle, she doesn’t get over things quite so easily and since she was very emotionally attached to me–” Another cynical smile appeared on his face. “It shouldn’t be that hard to win her back and some badness must’ve rubbed off on her from hanging out with Varsity for so long.” He sighed mockingly. “I can’t believe I made her go through hanging out with that jackass, just for me. My hero.”

       Joey laughed and shook his head. “Well, we should be off to history.”

       He ran his hand over his prickly head, smirking. “Yeah, we should.” He pushed himself off the locker and walked side by side with his best friend.

       “Did you do the history essay?”

       His gray eyes widened and he cursed under his breath. “Shit. I completely forgot about it,” he hissed, remembering about the essay assigned a few days ago. Then suddenly, his anger for his forgetfulness disappeared and was replaced with mischief. “Oh, well.”