Chapter 17 - She's On The Hunt

Start from the beginning

Lifting my feet up onto my dad’s desk as I replied, “Well...I’m sure your death will be easy to arrange, it’s not like anyone will miss you.”

“You will.”

Huffing loudly, “I'm sure I can manage without you.”

“Eva, we both know that’s not true – I’ve heard no one has even seen you around lately,” he mumbled with concern and I gripped the edge of dads’ desk with my free hand while I sat up in my chair. How dare he even act concerned about my well being.

“It’s because we’ve moved, I didn’t want the misfortune of ever seeing your ugly face again, “I growled out between gritted teeth, he was working me up and I had to calm down. I couldn’t let him know how much of an effect he had over me still.

Saxon scoffed loudly, “I know you haven’t. I do have people checking on you Eva.”

This angered me even more, “You’re spying on me when we aren’t even together? I'm pretty sure I can report that to the police,” I threatened.

“Knock yourself out, it won’t make a difference,” he sounded amused.

“I hate you,” I hissed before slamming the phone down and glaring angrily at it, tears threatening to come to the surface of my eyes, but I furiously blinked them back. I would not cry over him.

I don’t know how long I sat there for, glaring angrily at the phone while thousands of ideas for payback ran through my mind, some were incredible brilliant and Saxon would never see them coming, but at the same time – I knew I had no energy to pull them off.

“Honey?” my dad’s voice broke me from my thoughts and I slowly raised my head to look up at his worried expression.

Smiling a little, “I'm fine, really.”

He shook his head, “No, you’re not...you need him back.”

Narrowing my eyes, “No, I don’t dad,” and I stood to my feet, my head spinning a little as I did, but I managed to walk away and out of that room.

I needed to get out of here. Glancing up at the clock in the main foyer as I walked through it on my way to the stairs, a small smile lit my face and I knew where I was going.

Slipping my school polo shirt on over top of a simple grey coloured long sleeved top with a hood attached to the back to it, I wound my hair up into a messy bun and pulled the hood over before pulling my ratty baseball cap down on top. Glancing at my shocking reflection, I knew I was starting to resemble something out of a horror flick, but I couldn’t bring myself to care either.

Travis had tried to talk me out of this, but I refused to listen and the boy didn’t dare try and use his Alpha tone on me because we both knew it wouldn’t have gone down well. I may not be as strong as before, or as fast, but I was still a stubborn and determined girl.

And I was getting out of this house, no matter what.

Harper and Brody were coming along with me, Chris had sided with Travis and is currently annoying me to just stay home and chill for the day – chill like I have been for the past week, but I was over it all.

“I’ll buy you whatever you want,” he grinned enthusiastically and I rolled my eyes without replying as I searched for my sneakers.

“Chocolate, killer pythons, flavoured milk, DVDs...anything Eva!” he threw his hands up in the air with frustration and I simply ignored everything he was saying, “Please don’t go, I don’t want you near them new wolves,” he muttered in a softer tone.