I Dare You To... Be There For Me

Start from the beginning

I was laying in my bed next to Ethan, laughing about how I'd dropped a chip on face.

"Whatever Ethan! It wasn't even that funny!" I said through laughs and chuckles.

"Then why arfe you laughing??" He said, also while laughing.

We sat there and laughed for a while, until i turned on my side and faced him, my hair covering 1/4 of my face.

Ethaaaaan." I said, pawing at him a little. "Thank for being here for me."

He smiled at me and i genuinely smiled back.

Ethan had been my support system, and we'd hung out everyday after that one day in the park.

"So are you excited for Christmas break?" He asked me.

"Well, i was going to spend it with Zac, but I don't know what I'm going to do know besides eat cherry chocolate kisses and watch sappy movies with my mom."

He smiled and chuckled a little.

Speaking of Zac, I hadn't heard from him at all; and secretly, it was making me really sad.

Did he even care?

At least i knew Ethan did.

"What about you Ethan?"

"I'm going to my relatives house in Florida for Christmas."

"Nono, Ethan, i can't live without you for...wait how long are you gunna be gone?"

"Well, Christmas break is two and half weeks, so two weeks."

"No!" I gave him a sad look and then he pulled me into a hug. He was warm and his shirt was soft, and it felt like hugging a teddy bear.

"Aaron," He said as he pulled away slightly. "I promise we'll text everyday."

I smiled and said okay, and then i dragged him downstairs to watch some TV.

I turned on the TV and it was on a channel playing Pretty in Pink.

We sat on the couch and i put my legs over his lap and then when the movie was done and the credits were rolling, i paused the Tv and then looked at the time.

7:51.

"Where are your parents Aaron?"

"i think on vacation or somewhere for work. I'm not to sure this time...but i know they'll be back the day you get off school for Christmas break."

He nodded casually and then got up and stretched slightly.

"I have to go." He said, grabbing his jacket and then walking over to his keys on side table by the door.

"No, don't go! Pleaseeeeeeeee, it's so lonely."

He chuckled and finsished putting his jacket on. "You got Brutus." He said smiling.

I gave him a pouty puppy dog face and he walked over to me. "Get up."

I was confused, but i got up anyways and then he smiled hugely and picked me up off the ground and spun me around in a giant bear hug.

i screamed and laughed and then when he put me down i hugged him again.

I loved Ethan; i wasn't in love with him, but i loved him and i knew he loved me. He was there for me even after i rejected him and even after i made his caar all wet and dirty.

"Now i have to go; But i promise ya little child I'll see you tomorrow." he said, kissing my forehead and then walking towards the door.

"Bye." I said as he walked out the door, waving at me and smiling.

I waved right back.

****

I woke up and took some time getting out of bed. I stretched, yawned, scratched my head, and then finally checked my phone.

One unread message from Zac.

Jinkies.

I slowly pressed the read message, and then his message popped up.

Hey. Sorry you haven't heard from me in awhile. Hope we talk soon, bye.

What?

That's it?

I can't believe it has almost been four days and that's all i get?

One lousy non descriptive message?

This makes me so mad!

I was contemplating going over ther and chewing him out again when my doorbell rang.

I ran my fingers quickly through my hair before opening the door.

Ethan!

He was holding a pizza box and six pack of cola.

"Did you just wake up?" he said as he walked in and then put the pizza box on the table along with the cola.

"Maybe." i said as i closed the door and then looked at the time.

12:45.

Wow.

I shuffled over to the table and sat down across from him as he said while laughing "You lazy bum."

I just rolled my eye and smiled as i popped open a cola and took a slice of pizza out of the box and set it onto a paper plate; Ethan had also brought over two paper plates.

Hawaiian and canadian bacon pizza. Yum!

I dug into my slice, getting sauce on my chin, but i didn't care about it so i just wiped it away with my sweater sleeve.

We ate and drank for a while, talking about the day and the weather.

It was cold and crispy outside, and i was defintely dressed for it.; i had on black baggy sweats and a cozy blue sweater on. Ethan had also said on his way over it was starting to rain sludge.

As i finished my third piece, i wiped my hands on my sweats and then put my hair up in a messy bun, thinking about grabbing a fourth piece.

Why not live life to the fullest? So i grabbed a fourth piece and slide it onto my plate, grabbing my third and final cola. We had decided to split the six pack.

As i bit into my fourth delicous piece of pizza, Ethan gave me a smirk and said "Hungry Hungry Hippo."

I smacked at him and mumbled stop through a mouthful of pizza.

"Not very lady like is it now to talk with a mouth full of food?" He said.

I swallowed. "Buttmunch."

He just laughed at me again.

When i was done with my piece we went over and turned on the TV.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit was on.

Awesome.

A/N: I HOPE THIS ONE WAS WRITTEN BETTER. VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE, ENJOY! IT IS, I HAVE TO ADMIT, HALF FILLER HALF SORTA KINDA ACTION PACKED, BUT ALSO IN THIS CHAPTER I WANTED TO SHOW MORE INTO THEIR FRIENDSHIP.

- sami <3