Lesson 2: First Names Are So Overrated

Start from the beginning

       “Actually, no,” he said, drumming his fingers against the steering wheel. “You won’t. I’m gonna leave school during lunch, so you’ll have to catch a ride with someone.”

       Her face dropped and she stared at him in disbelief. “You just... But you–” She stopped herself, looked out the window then back at him. “You are unbelievable.”

       “I know, I am,” he chimed and pushed open his car door. “Why do you think I gave you your second lesson already? Get out of the car.” He jumped out.

       She flipped his retreating figure a bird and got of the car as well. She was surprised to see him waiting for her behind the car.

       “Act like a good, little girlfriend,” he mocked, grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers together.

       “Why do we have to pretend date here? You said you wanted a fake girlfriend for your mom.”

       “Ah, trust me. My family is rich and my mom has the principal kinda keeping a surveillance on me. So, if Principal O’Reilly sees me with you, she’ll inform my mom,” Mickey explained, lifting her hand to his lips and pressing a kiss to the top of it. “I gotta part with you, Buttercup. See ya.” He dropped her hand and walked towards the left of the school.

       She pursed her lips at his retreating figure, but nevertheless continued walking. She ignored the eyes of everyone outside like she was used to, but this time, she had to do extra job to try not to snap at someone. Michelle got dumped by the man that was meant to be her highschool sweetheart and came in with the town’s bad boy for the first day of school. So, at the moment, she’s not appreciating the attention. Especially since all of this Mickey dating was fake.

       “Hey, girl!”

       Michelle’s head whipped around and she was surprised to see her two best friends, Tami Myers and Tyler Malone, walking over to her with giant grins on their faces.

       Tami Myers was probably the closest girl friend Michelle ever had since the sixth grade. Her hair, a midnight blue color, was pulled up in a high ponytail. She wore a navy blue hoodie and a pair of short, short jeans. The only makeup she wore was black eyeliner, which didn’t do much justice to her brown eyes. Tyler Malone, on the other hand, became one of Michelle’s closest guy friends when he transferred in freshman year. Logan actually never liked him, because he found Tyler as a threat since Tyler was hot, funny, and immensely popular the moment he transferred. His hair was a black color and always cut in an Ivy League style. He wore a red and black, plaid shirt and a pair of khakis.

       She was actually surprised that they weren’t at McDonald’s with the rest of the gang yesterday. “Hey,” she greeted hesitantly. “What’s up? Where’s Trevor?”

       “Probably fucking a girl in the girls’ locker room,” Tyler answered, shrugging.

       Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion when she asked, “But aren’t those closed till next week?”

       “It’s Trevor, Elle,” Tami cut in. “He would be able to snatch a pair of the janitor’s keys.”

       There was no point in arguing, seeing as that was more than true. Michelle nodded and waited for–

       “Why did you come here hand-in-hand with Mickey Varsity?” Tami asked, placing a hand on her hip. “Aren’t you with Logan?”

       “He dumped me,” she murmured sheepishly in response, scratching the back of her neck. She watched her friends’ faces drop in disbelief. “I know right?”