Chapter One: Slowly Getting Noticed

I had walked through the school parking lot, late to class again. The sight of my teacher embarrassing me again rubbed my brain the wrong way, making me sigh.

Entering the school, I felt someone grab my backpack. I was yanked back, seeing Mr. Presslee, standing with his nice suit on.

"Where do you think you're going, Mr. L/n?"

"Sorry, I'm late, " I smiled. "Let me get to class before my homeroom teacher yells at me more than I need..."

He let me go, making me speed walk towards the stairs. Up the stairs I went, stumbling lightly.

My class was right around the corner, making me smile. I had launched for the door, my hand sliding it open.

"Light?"

"Here. "

"Y/n?"

"Here! " I had waved, walking towards my seat behind Light. Light and me weren't all that good, and to be honest, he hardly ever talked to me. He would stare out the window a lot, and yet he got perfect grades. His Mr. Perfect, and to be honest, I dislike his guts...

"Hey, " Light had turned to me, making me stop ranting in my head. "Sorry to bother you... Do you have a pencil?"

"Not for you, " I mumbled, glaring at him. He had paused and sighed, turning back around to ask a young girl. I blushed, seeing her nod.

"Here! " I growled. "Have this! "

I handed him a mechanical pencil and watched him take it, glaring at the girl. She was a slacker who would ride off of other peoples work. I knew her so well, only because we went to the same school for 3 years...

"Thanks, " Light smiled.

"Yeah, yeah, " I grumbled, staring at my work. I whispered to my self, "That was my only pencil... "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had closed my lockers, putting on my shoes. I had sighed, looking over to see Light walk up to me.

"Here's your pencil, " Light handed me my pencil.

"Heh, " I took the pencil. "Thank you... Hey, what do you think you'll be doing when you get home? Maybe we could hang out...? "

"Studying."

"Thought so," I sighed. "That's just like you Light..."

"You know me too well, " Light rolled his eyes, smiling at me.

It was silent for a second.

"It's scary how we're getting along, " I had cocked my head to the side. "You think we can actually be friends?"

"You always give me those mean glares, " Light chuckled. "Of course we could. Just, stop looking so mean, it just messes up your good features... "

"Is that a compliment?" I asked. Light smirked and ruffled my hair, making me smile. "I'll see you tomorrow, Light... D-Do you mind if I call you senpai? It's weird, I know... But, honestly, I do look up to you... "

"Sure, " Light had responded, adjusting the bag strap on his shoulder. "Whatever floats your boat... "

We waved to each other goodbye. It was interesting how we got along over my jealousy and feelings for Light.

Though, that honestly didn't surprised me....

Thank god for that pencil...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LIGHTS POV
"I NEED TO CHANGE IT, RYUK!! " I yelled at the shinigami. Ryuk stared at me as I fumble with the page, ripping the page into many pieces.

"I honestly don't know how, Light, " Ryuk hummed. "The death eraser is only just a myth. There's no real proof that it exist..."

"I messed up, Ryuk, " I muttered, running my hands through my hair. I stared at y/ns name, written in the Death Note. I had set his date of his death for the 31st of March.. It was only the 28th. I still have time to change it!?

"But I can ask Rem," Ryuk hummed.

"Hurry up," I muttered. "Y/n will die in a burning building... I'm so cruel... "

Ryuk came back, Rem by his side. Rem had pulled out an eraser and showed it to me. I had quickly grabbed it and rubbed it against y/n's name.

It came off... Wouldn't that mean that he would not die? "Rem, what else do I do?! " I yelled. Rem shrugged it's shoulders.

"They say it can stop a death, so just be patient," Rem had spoke."Standing near a hospital would be best." Rem had pointed south, where a hospital was.

"I'll just take him out on a date then," I had sighed. "It will be at seven on the dot so we will have time to prepare... "

Hopefully....