Chapter 43 - Merci

Start from the beginning

I had forgotten to preheat the oven so it would take a little bit longer but it wasn't a major setback.

*15 minutes later*

The oven beeped and I took out the bread sticks. The green beans had finished a little bit ago so I had put them into a dish with a top to keep them warm. The noodles were in a large bowl, covered as well. I took the bread out and set it on the stove to cool.

I heard someone walk into the kitchen and I turned around to see Taylor. He was smelling the air. I smiled at the sight.

"Hey," I say to him.

"Hey," He says back as he comes over to the stove. He reaches out to touch the bread but I smack his hand away.

"No! It's hot! Also you have to wait," I tell him. He chuckles but pulls his hand back.

"You made all of this for us?" He asked as he looked around. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"No I made it all just for me. Of course I made it for you guys. I kept telling myself that I would make you guys' dinner but I just never got around to it," I explain to him. Taylor had a smile on his face and then he made his chicken face and started making chicken noises, while spazzing. I laughed and rolled my eyes. He did this a lot. He was weird like that but I love Taylor just the same. He wouldn't be Taylor without it.

"You can call the other guys down here and Lily," I tell him as I turn around to get out the place setting.

"About Lily," Taylor says. I turn around.

"What about Lily?" I ask him with furrowed eyebrows as I continue to set out the plates.

"Um, well... I kind of like her," He says quietly. My heart jolted at that. Taylor had a crush? This was just fantastical. "Are you going to continue looking like a pedophile with that smile on your face or are you going to say something?" Taylor asks rhetorically.

"I don't look like a pedophile!" I retort with a grin that I just couldn't get rid of. He gives me this 'yeah you do' look which causes me to glare at him.

"Whatever, what's your advice? Does she like me?" He asks. This was so cute. I can so hold this over him in the future.

"Actually I don't know. She's never mentioned anyone. But my advice is to continue what you're doing. I have noticed you getting closer to her," I say slyly. I could swear I saw a tint of pink rise on his neck but it was quickly gone.

Taylor Caniff blushed.

Moment to be recorded in the history textbooks.

"Alright, it would just be better to have a definitive answer though," He whines.

"Yeah I know it would be but 1) I don't know and 2) even if I did know, I probably wouldn't tell you because she's my best friend and you just can't do that to a best friend," I tell him. His mouth was ajar as if taken aback by what I had just said.

"So how do I know you're not lying now," He says coyly.

"You don't," I say simply as I make my way around the kitchen in an attempt to clean up a bit. "You just have to trust me when I say that I don't know. And I mean that I don't know," I tell him. I actually didn't know so he could try all he wanted to get something out of me but I couldn't give him a definitive answer.

"Whatever," Taylor huffs out as he slumps down in one of the chairs at the curved bar. I snicker to myself.

"Hey, can you go get everyone else and tell them dinner is ready?" I ask him again, we had gotten a bit distracted with Lily. I will have to ask Lily about this. Now that I think about it Taylor and Lily would be really cute together. I smiled as I thought about it to myself.