The Debut

"I know! I'm sorry! If you would just-, Molly, don't-" I was having a fight with Molly, one of my best friends. "No!- UGH!" The fight was over, Molly hung up on me, and I slammed my face onto the table. "Don't hurt yourself and get mangled up before the debut!" Brianna said walking in, smiling and chuckling. I lifted my head up to look at her, and then her smile faded. "You okay Rachel?" She asked. 'NO! HELP ME! I AM NOT OKAY!' I mentally yelled.  "I'm fine Brianna." My thoughts and my words were so very different. Then again, I never was one to just throw my feelings and thoughts out there. "But I guess th-" I started, but Ms.Amber literally BURST into the room. "Girls! I have a great idea!" She yelled out. Honestly, I was hoping the great idea was to send me home as a regular person and not an idol. "Sub-units! And I already have you girls separated into  pairs for them!" Ms.Amber squealed in excitement. "Rachel and Brianna, you two will be the first sub-unit, "Innocence". Nina and Sienna, you two will be the second sub-unit, "Opposites". She continued, surprisingly calm. "Can we shorten our stage names?" Sienna asked. But there was no response. "I won't accept it. I'm going to debut on my own. I'll get to the top myself." Nina said harshly. Then, she grabbed her stuff and actually started to leave! Then I had one thought, 'Stop her'. So I did, and before I could even care about what would happen next, I jumped forward and grabbed Nina by the arm. She glared at me so hard I thought my head AND hers would explode, but I didn't let it show on my face. I wasn't scared of her. She wasn't scared of me. "Let go" she commanded. But I didn't, and for the first time, I could finally say what I was feeling and thinking...and I didn't care. "Don't go just yet." I started. This time, I intend to finish. "There's one thing that idols have, before they even think about idols. True friends. Which is one thing you obviously don't have." Nina looked down. "Shut up." She said, her voice was softer, but she was still going to leave, but I wasn't done yet. "Without friends, you'll never be okay. True friends will stick with you forever. They'll console you, even when you say you don't need. it. True friends can read you like a book, no matter how thick your cover is." She trembled. Nina was crumbling away, giving into her feelings. Slowly but surely. "Stop it. Let go!" she yelled, her voice barely breaking. "I want to be your friend!"I yelled. That was Nina's breaking point. Her body tensed, her eyes watered, and she just stood there, trying to be strong. "You can never be as strong as you want to be without friends. I know that from experience." I said softly. I pulled Nina into a hug and I felt Brianna and Sienna join in. Nina finally cried. After a few minutes, Ms.Amber came in and shouted, "Whatever happened, no more tears! Get ready! It's time for your debut!" We nodded, cleaned ourselves up and got changed. "Ready!" "Yeah!"

"Blooming!"

"Sparkling!"

"Beautiful!"

"Hopeful!"

"FLOWER!"

With that last word, we gripped each other's hands, and jumped into the light of the stage. The light of our...."NEVER ENDING STAGE!"