Starbucks - Chapter 1.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀warnings;;

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀– strong language
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀– trigger warning

no one's point of view

⠀⠀"I'll have the venti skinny  peppermint mocha," you spoke up after scanning the Starbuck's menu for three minutes straight. It was freezing outside, which was the weirdest thing for Los Angeles. A brindle scarf wrapped around your neck, black leather gloves and a black jacked fixed onto you tightly.

"That'll be $6.34, please." smiled the worker at the other side of the counter.
⠀Woah, how much? The fuck?

⠀⠀"Wait! I want something too! A, UHM, chocolate chip cookie! And a, uh, caramel frap! Venti! Yeah!" exclaimed your friend, Emily.

⠀"Oh, well, okay. $15.80, please." sighed the worker.
⠀You sighed, then turned your head to look at Emily.
⠀"You're paying. "

⠀⠀// time skip //

⠀⠀You sat down on a bench outside, watching as snow poured from the sky. Was this a different universe? Snow in Los Angeles? You must be dreaming. Emily interrupted your thoughts by standing up.

⠀"OMG!! LOOK IT'S DEVIN!! MY BOYFRIEND! BYE ((Y/N))!!" she pretty much screamed in your ears, then ran away. You sighed, alone again. You zipped open your backpack and pulled out a pen and a book. You were an author, and an illustrator. Well, not a published one.
You put on your headphones, and then began to write. You then grabbed about two blankets that were in your backpack and wrapped them around yourself.⠀

⠀About thirty minutes into your writing, you heard a throat clearing audibly. Not bothering to look up, you scooched over and patted the space next to you, letting the stranger sit.

There was ten minutes of silence, the only slight noise was the pen writing quickly in the small notebook. Finally, the red — haired stranger looked at you and outstretched his hand.
Catching a glimpse of it through the corner of your eye, you quickly unplugged your headphones and make it go silent, then scurried to get your headphones off. But the headphones fell and rolled into a pond.

⠀⠀The man quickly stood and ran. Sighing to yourself, you were alone. For the third time. You heard a splash and you whipped your head around. The man had jumped into the freezing cold water. TO GET YOUR HEADPHONES. Putting your hand over your mouth, you gasped, shocked.

⠀You grabbed your blankets and ran to the soaking, cold man, and wrapped them around him.
"Here are your headphones...m'lady." Tipping an invisible fedora, he handed you your headphones. You threw them on the bench. "Oh my god, are you okay?!" you asked urgently. Not giving him time to answer, you gathered your belongings and hurried him to the car. You opened the passenger's side door for him and he got in. Hopping into the drivers seat, you put the keys in and put the heat all the way up, blowing on him. He was trembling and dripping. You sped home, hoping to get him in front of the fireplace.⠀

⠀⠀// time skip //

⠀⠀You dragged him inside and put him infront of the fireplace on the couch. The fire was blazing and hot as you made him a hot chocolate and collected more blankets. Giving them to him, he smiled up at you and outstretched his arm again. Chuckling softly, you shook his hand and sat down next to him.

⠀"I'm Mark," said the red — haired man.
Smiling at him lightly, "I'm ((Y/N)). Thank you for getting my headphones, but I could have gotten a new pa—"
You were interupted by Barney – your lovable, yet clumsy black lab – running and licking Mark's face.
"Barney, bad! Get down now!" you demanded. Mark laughed and put his hot chocolate down. "He's fine." Mark replied.
You rolled your eyes. "Whatever you say, Mark."

⠀You felt as though you'd both be very good friends. Hopefully.