Arriving | 1

Monday

"Bye mom!" I shouted as I closed the front door.

I am babysitting 3 children for a week while their parents are away at a wedding in Hawaii. I am quite excited but I hope I will be able to handle them by myself.

I hop into the cab and tell the driver the family's address. It only took about 15 minutes to get there which is quite helpful. I thank the driver and give him the money. 

'Wow' I think to myself as I look at the house. It was massive. 

Nervously, I walked towards the front door and rung the bell. It only took a few seconds until a young beautiful blonde haired girl opened the door. She had the most amazing blue eyes. She looked about 12 years old. 

"Hi sweetie, is your mom home?" I asked.

"Yes, i'll go get her."

She ran down the hallway shouting, "Mom! Someone is at the door."

Then a middle aged woman with curled blonde hair, came rushing down the hall.

"Hi, you must be Laurie?" she asked me.

"Yes, and you are Mrs Taylor?"

"Yes, come on in darling."

I stepped inside their vast home.

"Sorry, me and my husband are in a bit of a rush." she told me, "we don't want to miss our flight." 

She was rushing about like crazy.

"Are you ready Paul?" she shouted to her husband.

"Yes, just coming." Paul said running down the stairs, "the cab is outside honey."

"Ok, can you go load the cab with the suitcases and i'll be out in a minute?"

He nodded at her. Then she came up to me.

"Ok Laurie, the kids are in the back garden playing. I have already said my goodbyes to them and I let them know that you are here. I've left money on the counter in the kitchen for food and day outs etc. Your room is upstairs, the first door to the right. Oh and by the way, my nephew is here, he is in the garden playing with the kids. What age are you again?"

"16" I reply.

"Yeah he is around that age, he's really good with the kids and I told him to stick around to help you out, because my lot are a handful." she laughed, "I better go, thank you so much for this."

She pulled me into a hug.

"Bye Mrs Taylor."

"Call me Carly and have fun!" she said as she shut the front door.

I see the stairs and decide to go up to the room that I will be staying in to dump my bag in there. The room is nicely decorated, and I have a double bed all to myself just like how I do normally.

Then I head downstairs to go and introduce myself to the family. I remember that Mrs Taylor said that her nephew was here and I smile. At least I will have someone around who is my age.

I walk out to the back garden, and see the blonde 12 year old girl again. A brown haired, brown eyed boy who looked about 9. And the cutest 4 year old girl i've ever seen, she looks exactly like the oldest girl. Then I see a tall boy chasing the youngest girl as she giggles. I can't see his face at first.

"Hiya." I say awkwardly.

The tall boy, who I think is the cousin, looks up. And damn, he is good looking.