Tu Meri Gal Maan Jaa

Shot#2

The engagement was a grand affair.

It was time for some Nach after the ritual ceremony.

Love blossomed in the air when the couple of the day, Simmi and Parmeet, danced to the slow yet mesmerising Punjabi track Bolna from Kapoor & Sons.

Ishita admired the much in love couple and wished a Prince Charming for herself.

Many other performances by relatives and friends followed.

Thereafter the dance floor was declared open for all as the latest party songs roared in background.

Ishita stood beside Simmi and enjoyed watching people dance madly to the tunes. Simmi nudged Ishita and insisted her to join, yet she chose to sit back and enjoy.

But when the Punjabi Wedding Song from Hasee Toh Phasee played, she could not stop herself from joining the crowd. Just like the song goes she threw her hands up, twisted them around and did the bhangra with everybody.

Suddenly the song stopped and the lights dimmed. The crowd started to panic and gossip as to what went wrong.

A spotlight on the centre of the dance floor grabbed everyone's attention to a male figure dressed like MJ covering his face with a hat.

"Ye koun hai?" Everybody went on a guessing mode.

"Ghar Aangan Ve Kone Kone
Goonj Uthi Shehnayi
Ke Naubat Dol Baje
Jab Nache Kudi Da Bhai" played on the speakers making everyone go silent.

The man slowly moved the hat that was hiding his face and slipped it on his head.

"Raman?"
"Bhai?"
"Ramanjee?" All gasped together.

'Mai Aisa Kyun Hoon
Main Aisa Kyun Hoon...
Main Jaisa Hoon
Main Vaisa Kyon Hoon
Karna Hai Kya Mujhko
Ye Maine Kab Hai Jana
Lagta Hai Gaoonga
Zindagi Bhar Bas Ye Gaana
Hoga Jaane Mera Ab Kya
Koi To Bataye Mujhe
Gadbad Hai Ye Sab Kya
Koi Samjhaye Mujhe' played in the background and Raman began dancing like a pro amazing everybody with his moves.

'Oh we ee aa owe ee oh
Oh we ee aa owe owe owe owe' he moonwalked like MJ and as the lines ended the music stopped and he aimed and threw his hat towards Ishita with a smirk.

Ishita held the hat in time and gasped "Oh My God"

As if on cue the next song began to play.
'Koi naa jaane kittho aaye hai tu
Sab de dilon vich ho gayi kukaduku

Inna sona, inna cool
Munda inna wonderful
Ennu vekhe je kudiya toh kehndi
"Oh My God! Oh My God!..."

Haan munda sab me sab ton best
Munda better than the rest
Ennu vekhe ke munde toh kehnde
"Oh My God!"

Oh seena 6 biscut da
Oh munda 6 foot da
Oh dheere dheere karda dhamaal sa
Oh munda kukkad kamaal da
Oh kudiya te ho jaaye effect ohdi chaal da
Oh munda kukkad kamaal da
O bando mein banda perfect bemisal sa
Kukkad kamaal da'

Ishita's jaw dropped at Raman's performance yet again.

The prophecy he had made earlier came true as the crowd joined him on the dance floor shaking their legs and moving their heads with him.