Fixing The Scatter {7}

Start from the beginning

"Let him go to Nate's house. It's a nice day out and if he goes inside, he won't leave the house again," dad said.

"His shoulder," mom said, crossing her arms.

"I said my shoulder is fine!" I snapped.

"Don't get that tone with me!" mom said. "Judeikas, you come inside right now and ice your shoulder!"

I ignored her, getting into my car. She began to move down towards the driveway as dad desperately tried to calm her down.

I back out of the driveway, taking off towards Nate's house. I wasn't going to stay in my own home and listen to my mom bitch the rest of the day about my shoulder. Yea, I hurt it again. But I would be perfectly fine.

After parking my car and turning my phone off so that my mom would stop calling me, I got out and went to Nate's front door. I knocked and waited until his mom answered.

"Hi Jude!" she said with a smile.

"Hi," I said, going inside. My shirt was now hanging lazily around my neck. I was still too hot to put it back on.

"Just go wait in the kitchen. I'll get Nate down here. He needs to leave his room," she said, heading upstairs.

I went into the kitchen, not even surprised to see Asher, Will, and some cute blond guy I didn't know working together at the counter. I ignored them and grabbed myself a water bottle out of the fridge, leaning against the counter as I began to drink from it.

"Put a shirt on," Asher said, chucking a pen at my head.

"It's hot out," I said, easily ducking away from it. "Let me cool down first. Will, try not to stare too hard."

I smirked as Will's face heated up. I knew he still wasn't completely comfortable with his sexuality.

"You're so full of yourself," he said, dropping his gaze down to the papers they were writing on.

"I have a reason to be," I said, gesturing to myself. "Oh, right, I forgot you only like scrawny, underage boys."

"Ethan isn't underage!" Will said, scowling at me.

Nate came into the kitchen. "Hey Jude. Ignore them and let's go outside."

"Yea, sure," I said, capping the water.

"Put your shirt on," Nate said, punching my shoulder.

I let out a hiss of pain, shoving him off of me and rubbing my shoulder. Nate looked surprised before narrowing his eyes at me.

"You hurt your shoulder again, didn't you?" he accused. He opened his freezer and grabbed an icepack. He wrapped it in a paper towel and pressed it into my hands. "Ice it or I'll tell your mom. She'll drag your dumbass back to the doctor."

"It's fine. I was playing catch and I wasn't careful," I said, but held the ice pack to my shoulder. It felt good against the screaming pain.

We walked outside, ignoring Will as he glared after us. I wasn't in the condition to piss him off right now. All he would have to do is hit my shoulder.