Part 2 - Dan's Dad

Dan’s POV

He looked furious. He has never looked at me in that way. But now it looked like he hadn’t seen anything more repelling than me. Phil pulled himself away from my embrace and looked down in the ground. I tried to look in my dad’s eyes, but I had never felt more ashamed.

“So this is what’s been going on?!” he suddenly yelled.

“All the times you two have been “hanging out”  you’ve been upstairs having sexual intercourse, you nasty!...” he said and looked away from me.

“What, no! No, of course not, Dad!” I said.

“Just please, before you judge me… just hear my side of the story, just… please.” I pleaded.

He looked at me again, and I took it as a good thing that he didn’t say a thing, because maybe he considered hearing me out.

“No! Absolutely not!” he yelled.

My mum suddenly showed in the door.

“Robert, please calm down.” she said and put a hand on his shoulder.

“You knew about this? You knew this was going on under my roof?!” he yelled.

She gave him a look of dead, before looking at Phil and me.

“I think you should go for a while, boys.” my mum said.

Phil was quickly passed my parents, but my dad grabbed my shoulder.

“You can forget going anywhere with him!” he yelled.

“Fine!” I yelled back.

There was a pause where we stared at each other.

“Fine… I’ll stay for now.” I said.

I followed Phil to the door and looked him in the eyes. He was already crying. I gently drove my hand across his cheek to remove his tears.

“Don’t worry Phil… He… He can never keep me away from you. Remember that!” I said, trying to calm his mind.

He then hugged me. I stroked his hair and kissed his head.

“Go home. I’ll be fine.” I said, but he wouldn’t look me in the eyes.

“Hey,” I said and lifted his chin. “It’s going to be fine, I promise. I love you.” I said and pecked his lips.

“I love you too.” Phil said and then turned around and left.

I counted every step he took, as if it was the last time I ever saw him.