Chapter Six: Meet the Family

Começar do início

I think we’re screwed on our best friends becoming friends. Liam said- thought- after a few moments.

Zayn snorted in agreement. “Harry’s just being an ass.”

Liam looked like he wanted to say something, but didn’t for a few moments. I’m kind of worried about the two of them… He admited.

“Why?”

Liam sighed, which was more of a huff in wolf form. Louis’… Louis’ always had a thing for getting his heart broken, by multiple jackasses, and, I don’t know, I’m worried he might go for Harry, and I just don’t want anything to happen to him.

Zayn nodded. “I’d love to be able to tell Harry to back off, but… He’s Harry. He won’t back off until he has Louis… And then, after he’s bored himself…” Zayn let the sentence hang. It hurt him to be talking about his best friend like this, but it was true. Something needed to happen with Harry about the sleeping around and using people.

Liam, obviously sensing his saddness, licked at his hand a couple times. I’m sure they’ll be fine… It’s not like Harry’s going to actually date Louis… He really did a number this time.

Zayn’s curiousity spiked up. “What’d he do?”

I didn’t ask, but Louis’ never been this pissed before. Liam said, before changing the subject. Are we done training or what?

Zayn thought about it. Liam was getting pretty good at fighting, espically as a human, and he was sure that he oculd get away with letting Liam off for the afternoon. “Sure. Wanna go for a run?”

“Actually,” Another voice, Anne, said, popping her head out of the back door that led from the kitchen, “I was wondering if Liam would be so kind to show us to his place? Trica and I have been meaning to go over and say hello to your aunt, and we’re finally free. Do you mind?”

Liam shrugged (which was rather weird looking as a wolf). Yeah, I’m sure that’d be fine, just give me a moment here to change back.

“Oh, no problem.” Anne waved him off, and went back into the kitchen.

Liam shifted, obviously getting more comfortable with his body around Zayn (who did not look below the wasit… Above it? Another story), and pulled on some pants he kept in his mouth. It was a hassle, trying to keep cloths as a wolf, but it was really the only way to keep them.

“You coming?” Liam asked, slightly hopeful.

“Oh, uh.” Zayn said, slightly nervous. He’d never had a relationship serious enough to actually meet the guy’s parents- or aunt, in Liam’s case. Not that they were in a relationship. They were just friends… Sadly.

“Come.” Liam encouraged, “I swear, they’re not evil… Well… Lottie can be… And Dasiy… And Fizzy… And Pheobe…” He looked kind of sheepish, but there was a small grin on his face.

Zayn laughed slightly, and nodded. “Yeah, I’ll come. But I expect you to protect me.” He joked.

“You have my word.” Liam said, mock serious, as Anne came out with Trica.

Zayn realised that Liam had never actually met his mum properly, either. “Oh, uh, Liam, this is my mum, Trica. Mum, this is Liam.” He said awkwardly.

Trica smiled at him. “I’ve heard- and seen- a lot about you Liam.”

Liam blushed slightly. “Hopefully good things.” He said, as the four begun to walk through the forest towards his house.

“Only the best.” Trica insisted. “Zayn won’t shut up about you.”

Zayn blushed fericely, “Mum!” He said, trying to save himself the embarrassment. So maybe he talked a little about Liam. Just a little, he swore. (Well, actually, his mum was right.)